Archery Talk Forum banner

Places to shoot in and around Edmonton?

658 7
Hey everybody!

I was just wondering about lanes around the Edmonton area. I know of Trophy Book and Sherwood Park Archery Lanes, as well as Capital Region Archery Centre- are there others I'm missing? What are these places like? I'm fairly new to the community and just curious what's available. Plus it's always nice to hear in from archers in the area.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

I have never been to Capitals lanes before but i have been to sherwood park and trophy book. I love sherwood park cause if you are having any kind of issues with anything related to your bow or shooting the guys there are great and help you out!! Trophy book has nice lanes too but i prefer the park!

Enjoy!

· Registered
3,042 Posts
i shoot at Capitol Region Archery Club, and have shot at Sherwood Park lanes on several occasions. CRAC is definitely more target oriented (we have several archers, including myself, who have competed on Team Canada at several international shoots), whilst Sherwood Park lanes and Trophy Book are more 3D/hunting oriented. CRAC is a club, not a shop, so we don't have hourly shooting rates (however, there is a 5$ drop-in fee for non-members that have their own equipment), and members get 24/7 access. we have an indoor and an outdoor range (no field course though) on the same lot, whereas Sherwood Park's outdoor facility is out in the country south-east of Sherwood Park (it is a very nice range though, and it has a really good field course).

Phil

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Sherwood Park's outdoor facility is out in the country south-east of Sherwood Park (it is a very nice range though, and it has a really good field course).

Phil
To be clear, Sherwood Park Archery Lanes & Sherwood Park Archery Club are 2 different entities.

SPAC's (the club) field range also doubles as part of it's 3D range.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
I haven't been up to Sherwood Park for a couple of years but I was told the club was planning an indoor range at the outdoor facility.

· Registered
2,866 Posts
well I know that they were making plans for some reason but that may have ditched them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.