Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peanut Butter that is.Just wondering if all deer love it,or have mine,developed a Taste for it.Anyone have a experiences using it,good or bad? I was going through 10 pounds a week,up untill the time i stopped feeding them.Can anything beat PB?

·
Registered
239 Posts
HS - don't make no never mind which you use as long as it is served up according to what they like. Take out a cupla teaspoon fulls to give you some room. Pour in some vanilla (real stuff) and mix it up real good. If you cain't smell the vanilla you need some more vanilla. Cut a small hole in the lid and run some strong nylon cord (not subject to rot) thru the hole and knot it. Hang this "contraption" from a tree limb and cut a slit in the plastic jar about an inch from the bottom about two/thirds to three/fourths around. Pull this cut lower inch down and bend it back then let it go. It will stay down ok by itself. Then just sit back and wait fer the critters to find it. They will like it. A "deer friend" told me about this and he says it works great!!! I gotta believe him as he wouldn't lie to me cuz he's a fireman and they don't ever lie - welllllll - most times anyhoo!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Papa bear....you learn well and fast!!! Got yours out yet? I put my first jar out last wednesday! Highstander....you tie the string to it to keep them from eating it so fast....the string swings and they have to work for it as well as creating curiousity among other deer and sometimes they will line up to it... I been doing this about 10-12 years now...if the jar is stationary they can eat it overnight...;on the string the same jar takes a couple of weeks! cheaper and really works better for seeing deer! As far as the fireman thing.....I may tell a lot of stories that may not be true but I'll be damned if I'd lie to you!!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
OK, I'm nibbling at the bait - Set the hook!:D
I've got to try this one, how high off the ground should it hang?
wabi

·
Registered
239 Posts
Kildog - I knows you wouldn't lie to a fellow Arky! Shucks - I was just pullin yer leg but you knew that already!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
445 Posts
OK, the peanut butter jar is now hanging as per directions. About head high to a short deer (3'), as there are some young ones where I put it, and I'd might as well get them started at an early age. I just hope the buck I saw last week finds it too!

·
28' up in Louisiana
771 Posts
You should try the liquid peanut butter made by Wildgame Innovations. Food grade peanut butter in a liquid form. Just hang it 5-6 feet off the ground , punch a couple holes in the bottom, & let it drip. Comes in a 3.3# tub. www.wildgameinnovations.com

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Kenny...I tried liquid pb before...it just don't work as good as the old main stay....I think they like to like it out of a jar!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts