·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is it? :confused:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Are you referring to the plastic piece that holds the rest from moving? A square looking thing with a square protrusion off one side?

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
The one on the opposite side from the shelf? If so, it's there for what V3505 said, it levels out your rest when you mount it and also lets you put it back to the same level if it loosens up or you need to take it off for any reason.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, that one. It wouldn't work on my Revenge with my Hamskea so I removed it. The only way it would've worked was to use the rest like the old overdraw rests from the 80s. Also, the full capture piece on my rest doesn't work either. The cable guide rod gets in the way. Oh well.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Yep, PSE uses them for the standard whisker biscuit to make it more secure, but its not needed for other "higher end" rests. How do you like the Hamskea?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the Hamskea. I just wish I could've used the full capture piece on this new bow I got.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Hoytflinger
I had to same problem with my Hamskea on my AXE 6. I mounted the rest (level), slide it over till it contacted cable guide rod, marked it, then took it off. I used a drummel tool with about a 3/8" sanding drum and sanded down the gusset ears on the containment ring right down to the flat part but did not touch that. Reinstalled and all worked well. I also used the wide flat pickup arm and took a little off the shelf / riser side of the arm. The shop I go to sent pics to Hamskea of my mods, he had tried for a few days to get it to work, ended up moving it back like overdraw. I know he could have done what I did but was reluctant to modify it too much. I hunted with it all season, it even took a 20' tumble from my stand with no harm or adjustments needed. PM me if you want pics.

Ches.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks bud. I'll try that. The wide flat launcher that came with mine had the riser side of the arm shortened from Hamskea. I like the hard launcher. I may try the wide one some this spring.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is weird. I mounted the rest with the capture piece off. Just for ****s and grins I tried the capture piece and it went right on. I couldn't get it to fit when I tried to mount the rest with capture piece attached. Weird.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
How did you do that, one of the bolts would be between the riser and the rest, blind spot?

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didnt use the bolt behind the riser. Seems no harm from not using it. It is tight and no movement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts