Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up a Bowtech Realm X off of eBay last week. All the accessories got delivered by the end of the week, new strings on order but not for a few weeks.

Bow set up: 2018 Bowtech Realm X, 60 lb limbs (60.5lbs on performance mode), QAD Bowtech ultra rest, Black Gold sight (Ascent Assualt or Widowmaker), 8” Bee Stinger with Shrewd disco

Arrow: Gold Tip Hunter Pro 340 cut to 28.5”, 100 grain head, 3” AAE plasticfletch weighing in at 390 grains.

Well played around with the yokes and set pre-lean and level arrow.

Below are photos of the end of yesterday. I did not get pics of today’s shoots. Shooting 2 fletched and 1 bare shaft from 20 yards was all grouping tight.

This bow draws like a dream. No himp at all. And definitely no dump either. I shoot performance for the short valley. I fee it keeps me honest at full draw. The comfort was even smoother draw, but I felt the valley was bigger than I like.

I have no chrono reads, because I do not own one. After I get the Ascent Assualt I will be able to compare speed to my pse by which tape I use.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
8,953 Posts
One good looking bow, very nice!
On the Reign 7 I had I felt the valley was too long on comfort also. In performance it was a tad shorter than I like for a hunting bow so I talked to my brother who is a Bowtech guru and he told me to try the large stops from the target bow in the 1/2 " longer draw stop setting. After trying this it has a perfect valley in performance and you only gain like 1/8" draw length. Just thought I would pass that along. The bow looks great in black!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. I will contact my dealer this week to play around some more. But definitely love the draw cycle of this bow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts