Discussion Starter #1
Bowtech Mighty Might (single cam)
28" draw, 63 pounds, 75% letoff
Shooting with a release
Arrows: Carbon Express Terminator hunter select lite 4560
27" long, 100 grain
shooting 2" blazers

Is this proper spline?

I installed a new dropaway rest, and performed walk back tuning. After that I shot broadheads, field points, and bare shafts from 20 yards. Both BH and Bare shaft indicate I need to move the rest left, but when I do, it throughs my walkback tuning off.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Javi. My bow is maxed out, so I will add the 125 BH and FP's to see what the result is.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
You know you could always forget about making your field points hit the same POI as your broad heads.. You aren’t going to hunt with the field points are you. Arrows that are too stiff will fly great with broad heads if you set your dynamic center shot for them..

·
Registered
760 Posts
Spline is a machine part or a component of a screen door. Spine is a measure of a shadfts stiffness.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too Stiff?

JAVI:
I went and bought 125 gn BH this weekend, but before I open them, I noticed the Easton tuning guide says that a BH impact right of FP is too weak. In addition, I did not have this problem with the stiffer shafts. Do you still believe it is too stiff of a shaft?

I understand your point of sighting for the BH POI, and may be forced to if I can't solve the problem in the next week or two. But I am a stickler for getting it tuned correctly to reduce variation, noise, and increase my confidence.

Thank you for your thoughts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Javi??

Bump. Javii, can you help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts