Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently put a windstalker on my bowtech. I wanted to remove it but it wont come out. I mean the set screw is all of the way taken off. All I want is to remove the rod from the riser. Please help me. I am very frustrated as I have been trying to remove it for 3 hours now and am sooo tires of pulling. It is really stuck. All it does is rotate about 30 degrees and then it stops...stuck dead.

·
Registered
763 Posts
You may have created a burr when tightening the setscrew that's preventing the rod from coming out. Rotate it back to the normal position, take a drill bit that just fits inside the threads & carefully rotate it by hand or with a tap handle to see if you can remove anything that is at the bottom of the hole.
Take some air & blow it clean & see if that helps. Do not damage the threads while doing this or you will have bigger problems than you do now. Good Luck.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
hmmmm

I would guess that the set screw made a burr on the shaft, and now your porked. I would just keep trying to work it. But if it is a burr, it may plow out a gouge in the riser. I don't know if it's safe to heat a riser or not, hopefully someone can help better than me.

Good Luck,
Ben

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
mike atwell said:
You may have created a burr when tightening the setscrew that's preventing the rod from coming out. Rotate it back to the normal position, take a drill bit that just fits inside the threads & carefully rotate it by hand or with a tap handle to see if you can remove anything that is at the bottom of the hole.
Take some air & blow it clean & see if that helps. Do not damage the threads while doing this or you will have bigger problems than you do now. Good Luck.
you beat me. :wink:

ben

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally

I did it. I removed the old rod! All it took was 5 hours and some oil. Did score the riser just a bit. I think I am gonna polish it at work, that way it might be .002" bigger, but it will be smooth as glass. Thanks for everyones help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts