Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually found her........

it's amazing what a razor sharp broad head driven through one lung.....then the top of the heart....and through another lung...and then bury 2 inches into the ground will do....

82nd Airborne....CX Aramids...100 grain NAP Scorpions...

27 yard shot...........City deer #2..........32 yard recovery......

And yes...as promised...I actually smiled for a "hero" shot....

· Registered
868 Posts
Seeing that picture reminds me of a Don Ho song "tiny bubbles" and about how they make me feel happy.

· The Foam Collector
2,418 Posts
A razor sharp broadhead is every bit as deadly as a bullet fired from a gun and pictures like yours proove it...Nice Work!!

Now go fire up the grill!

· Registered
4,282 Posts
I actually thought the title was a little funny...since there's been a rash lately of what seems like beginners going out, shooting deer, and not realizing what is involved in hunting.
Congrats, that'll be a good eating deer!

· Registered
8,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are those who honestly want help. No need for the sarcasm. Nice shot and nice deer. That will be just yummy.
I know....I wanted to do something different to show what will happen when you

WAIT for that "perfect" shot.....

I had watched this doe for 20 minutes....she was in the neighbor's yard feeding on acorns....

I had a MARGINAL shot.....24 yards...through a 6" opening.....she had no idea I was even there....BUT I did not want to take the chance

..I just moved one of my ladder stands behind the landowners garage because he said he had been seeing the deer come out and feed under his white oak trees..

I waited...and waited....and waited...she finally crossed in front of me....I softly baaaaaahhh...she stopped...I had my HHA sight set at 25 yards....held low on her front leg...

Click....thawaaack...........done in 6 seconds....

I know....I have been there....marginal hit on a deer.....maybe one lung....maybe liver...maybe even worse...guts....

I hope this story will make others stop and think.....before they release that arrow....

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
So.............what do you need help with? Get her skinned, cut up, packaged, and in the freezer already.

· Registered
7,438 Posts
Congrats

· Registered
3,555 Posts
Essential details present

Good shot, nice doe.

The 2nd congrats is for having shot distance, recovery distance and broadhead mentioned in the story along with some pics.:wink:
I found the arrow speed & weight in your signature.:thumbs_up

· Registered
1,010 Posts
Nicely done. I personally enjoyed your title. Love those NAP Scorpions, I too put a doe down this year with those heads, and patience. Passed on a 30 yards shot and was rewarded with a 9 yard shot on the same animal at a much better angle. Congrats, hope she tastes as good as mine did last night!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.