Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,703 Posts
Gold tips

Heres my take on the FMJ's ive noticed a heck of a lot of people on here use them atleast on the threads ive been checkin out...I considered switching to them this year because I heard lots of good things and there a lil cheaper than my gold tips. So I wondered down to the pro shop and asked If I could try some out. first thing i noticed was when I did the flex first test like you do with all gold tips it felt like I was holding a dang aluminum. I then took them to the range and shot them, liked them at first then shot a lil high in the block target and caught the edge of hard plastic on outside edge. Upon pulling them out I noticed what my pro shop owner warned me about, a lil kink/dent in them just like shoothing an aluminum arrow. So this got me thinking if hitting hard plastic at 30yds would do that how the heck are they ever going to do anything to a deer let alone something larger. The first bone you would hit theyd almost certainly dent if not break. Its bound to happen since the outter shell is aluminum. So for me Gold Tip all the way just hope the karma gods dont bite me in the ass for thinkin bout straying. haha hope i helped.

· Registered
8,309 Posts
I sot the FMJ's when the first came out several years ago...great arrows...smoked many a deer with them...

only problem....you hit something on the side...you get a dent....no way to fix them..

I have since switched to C/X Aramids...

· Registered
530 Posts
I shoot the FMJ's and i love them. They do dent if you shoot an arrow into the side of them, which has happened to me on a couple of occasions. But i have never had a problem with them in the hunting woods! I had one 2 years ago blow through a doe's shoulder blade and the arrow still looked brand new! Great arrows in my opinon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.