Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the second year I'm really getting into archery and would like some help picking 2 stand locations. The property boundary's are in green and the property's I have permission to hunt in are boardered in red. The red circles are my best guess's but would like some input of some more experienced archers. I will have to park at a house on the road to the left and there is a abandoned rail road bed (running east west) at the bottom boundry and swamp in the southwest section. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Early season set up on where they're eating. Are there any beans or corn in those cleared sections?Also look for acorns or other food sources. Also be willing to move a stand till you find them. Don't let the deer pattern you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the photo rotated on me. North is to the right. I'll be out there tomorrow and see what's planted.

Is there a rule of thumb as to how long to sit before you move your stand?

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
After looking some more I would check around that pond. From the pond to that corner of the woods sticking out into that field. Would be great if there was corn in that field. They would be bedding close by. If I don't see deer after 2 sits I'm looking elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts