Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is A stubid question but I need to know.when you shoot with A bow at 27" draw.at 65 pounds.Aproximatly how much distance should you shoot before the arrow drops.mine shoots fine till I'm shooting between 20 and 30 yards.It seems to drop about 10inches. between 20 and 30 yards is this normal or not.Thank you for your imput!

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
imfisherman199 said:
I know this is A stubid question but I need to know.when you shoot with A bow at 27" draw.at 65 pounds.Aproximatly how much distance should you shoot before the arrow drops.mine shoots fine till I'm shooting between 20 and 30 yards.It seems to drop about 10inches. between 20 and 30 yards is this normal or not.Thank you for your imput!
It really depends on the bow and the arrow weight. But, if I understand the question you are saying that if you shoot the same pin at 20 yards and then at 30 yards there is about a 10" difference. If this is the case, it is quite possible.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I assume the arrow weighs 343 grains total. It doesn't really sound right to me. It would drop some of course, but 10 inches? There is a real big difference between bows, though. A older bow is not near as efficient as some of these latest bows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the reply deez!

My bow is A parker ultra-lite 35 One cam.I kinda dont trust the fact that my idler wheel is smaller than my cam.It almost seems like A desighn flaw.Now that all the newer single cams.Have an apropriate size idler weel.My last bow was A browning mirage two cam.Pretty simple just level the arrow find center.And you have bullet holes.I was shooting super slam's.With better tragectory than this bow.I really have had A ton of trouble trying to get this bow right.I took it so many times to the dealer.I could by A deffrent one for what it cost me.Matter of fact I think I may give up on this 35.Maybe buy A reflex cam and a half.Something wear the tiller.Is actually right from limb to string.on top and bottom.I would sell it on here but I would not do that to anybody.Thanks and have A good one!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Check your nocking point height, and peep height. Might just be an anchor issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that I got it!

my cam seems off.I seen a picture of bows from parker.That this time were taken from A clear side view.On the cam in the pics.The post that connects the string to the cam.Is in line with the out side of the limb.With mine the post is half way into the limb.Would that make me lose power.How do I fix this.And is it possable to be off.Even though my ata is rite.About the nok went there and did that.thank you for your help!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'd say bring it to your local pro shop to get the bow put back into spec and tuned properly:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts