Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm paper tuning my MZE rest and having major problems. I'm getting a huge tear that is high and to the right. (If you were looking at a map think of it as northeast.) I called Muzzy and told them the problem. The gentleman there told me to move the main arm from the hole closest to the string to the middle hole. He said from what I described I had to be getting contact with the rest in flight. Although I couldn't see how this could be happening, I did exactly as he said. While they were very nice and eager to help, I still couldn't change the tear pattern. I'm about to pull my hair out here. Bow season's creeping up fast and I just bought a $90 rest that I can't shoot a straight arrow out of. Anyone have any ideas? I'm despirate! I'm about to say screw it and get a whisker bisket.

Thanks for any advice you can provide,
Jeremy

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
First of all what bow is it on and what is the brace hgth? If it's a Hoyt, you better get the adapter.
If the brace is under6" you might need the Hoyt adapter anyway!
I start in the middle and gage from there. Every model of bow is slightly different. BUT...It can only WORK 1 way!
Don't stress...you'll get through it! E- mail me [email protected] I'll try to talk you through it!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for tackling this one monofletch. I just sent you a email. For all else interested, the bow is a Mathews FX. It has a brace height of 7.5

All advice appreciated,
Jeremy

·
Registered
397 Posts
I would try setting it up for a short brace height bow. If your riser has two mounting holes put the male x male stud into the mounting hole near the back of the riser. The main arm will be mounted using the hole that is 3 inches from the turnbuckle axle. The arrow rest should mount in the hole 1/2 inch from the turnbucle axle. Put the arrow height adjustment screw into the hole that is between 1 7/8 to 2 inches from the turnbucle axle. If you have the instuctional video
I beleive they use this set up in the demonstation. Hope this helps. Goog luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts