Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new bow that I am struggling with. I have shot field points all year very well but when I tried broadheads tonight I was surprised to see how bad they shot.

Using the same arrows as I do with field tips, I put 3 Muzzy 100 grain broadheads on and at 20 yards they all shoot 6 inches left and progressively further left the further out I shoot. I have never had troubles with Muzzy's in the past and I don't really want to go buying a bunch of new broadheads just to test so if anyone has ideas, please let me know! Or if any of you know of one that works with this setup, I am open to that too.

I shoot a Hoyt Ultratech set at 58lbs, Shaky Hunter rest and am using a Gold Tip XT5575 arrows.

Thanks for any help!

·
im not NOT licking toads.
7,719 Posts
i would try moving your rest to the right in very small increments !!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Either, your left-right centershot is off a little or your spine is off a little. If the broadheads are grouping well, I would just change my sight at this point in the season. Or, move your rest in a bit to the right and your sight a little left (see Easton Archery tuning chart). I would not recommend much more than those two minor changes.

If that doesn't work, get a pack of Snyper 2-blade mechanicals or Wasp 1 1/4 cut jak-hammers and be done with it.

·
Registered
37,038 Posts
Im not a big fan of the Muzzy 100 grain heads but they can be tuned to fly with your field points. I agree that it is getting late in the game to do too much but as stated try moving your rest in a little bit at a time. If you can get a good group then just set your sights so your Broadheads hit good.

·
Banned
559 Posts
I have a question

So if his fp's are hitting dead center bullseye and his BH's are off 6" and he moves his rest and now his bh's are hitting dead center bullseye....won't his fp's no longer be hitting dead center bullseye?????

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
PaulyB. said:
So if his fp's are hitting dead center bullseye and his BH's are off 6" and he moves his rest and now his bh's are hitting dead center bullseye....won't his fp's no longer be hitting dead center bullseye?????
I think we played this game before right before you went antelope hunting, but yes his fp's will move as well. The goal is to converge the two. The broadheads will keep getting closer to his field points and eventually they will group together...he then sets his sight for this point of impact.

·
Registered
447 Posts
not sure when your season starts but ....why did you wait so long? I've been messing with tuning/broadheads since June. I could shoot just about any head. Always amazes me....

At this point get it close and go with a good mechanical. Good luck....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts