Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a nut about having my equipment tuned. Today, I slipped my Sonics on and I could not get one arrow to fly true with the broadhead. This was driving me nuts. All of my other arrows were flying consistent to field points. I tried over and over again replacing the broadhead wtih another one. I also noticed a very slight tear in the vane, maybe that was the problem. After lining it up I noticed the rear nock was a tinth of kilter. As soon as I alighned it the arrow with broadhead flew true.

Why in the heck would this very small factor make that much of a differance?

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
spott hogg has some great info on that very subject,its in one of there news letters,i had a funky flying arrow the other day and turned the nok several differant ways with no luck,you could see the arrow flying goofy on the way to the target,i pulled the nok and installed a new one bingo arrow shot great.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
Every arrow has a heavy spine and a light spine side to it cause they are not made perfect.
when you rotate the nock the arrow sits on the rest different, the heavy spine side of the arrow has rotated to a different place from where it was before. when you release the arrow it flex's different than before resulting in the impact point more where you want it in your case.
it's part of arrow tuning to measure the spine of the shafts to get a set that is close to each other.. make sense?????? i hope...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts