Archery Talk Forum banner

How many inches of rope do you prefer to use for tying on your D Loop?

Please take this poll... How many inches of D Loop

1879 Views 66 Replies 50 Participants Last post by  REDHDCHARM
rope do you like to use when making your D-Loop?

Seems every archer has their preference. From 5" to 39" :confused3:

A very qualified string maker once told me that it doesn't take anymore than 7" and he only uses just barely over 5" for a 4" exact length.
I like his method.... easy, exact and spot on!

I am NOT trying to solicit here. :nono: I truly am interested in what the MOST preferential length is that you like to use to tye on your D Loop.

I include samples with my orders and I started out with about 7-9" per sample, then went up to 12-13" per sample and being somewhat Type A :embara: I won't mention where I have ended up at. :confused: But I am "out of control." :wacko: :doh: :chortle: :D

Please vote so I know where the comfort zone is for the majority of you archer's... :thumb: ...... before I start giving away 100 foot samples. :eek: :confused: :chortle: :D :wink:

Thank you so much! :yo: I appreciate your input!

~~~
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
Well, I've not tied in a lot of D-Loops, but when tieing in the dozen or so that I have, I never pre-cut the cord. Tie in 1 knot and pull it reasonably tight, tie in the other, then cut and mushroom the end.

So does that quality me for some samples? :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
7,588 Posts
I like having plenty of material seeing as how I tend to screw up sometimes....Luckily I have Lucky around and he gets my screw ups!! So I would think 7-8 inches would be a perfect number!!

· aka "5 Spot"
9,767 Posts
I like having plenty of material seeing as how I tend to screw up sometimes....Luckily I have Lucky around and he gets my screw ups!! So I would think 7-8 inches would be a perfect number!!
Oh boy, could I have fun with that remark, especially with Lucky. :shade:

Oh - wait a minute - the "Lucky" you're referring to is a "HE" :mg:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.