Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a 2011 Bowtech Destroyer 340 that I purchased on this forum. Unfortunately I'm not sure that it is a 2011 model... the cams look like the 2010 model :(

I did a ton of research before I purchased this bow and have compared many pictures and have read through many previous threads and posts. I am somewhat knowledgeable about the subject, but I don't want to be wrong when I tell the person that I received the wrong bow. Of course when I went to actually purchase the bow I took the persons word for what it was instead of asking for up close pictures of the cams....

Can anyone please verify if this is a 2011 or 2010 bow? I really appreciate any help. Let me know if I need to upload more pictures.

Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part Bicycle wheel
Steering wheel Steering part Rim Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid for a 2011 bow. I could have gotten a 2010 bow for much cheaper.

Would you be okay finding out that the 2011 bow you bought is actually a 2010?

I will upload top view pictures...

·
Registered
874 Posts
The string on the 2010 are level with the groove and the 2011 are recessed as yours are in the pic....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your post. This is definitely one of the reasons why I wanted the 2011 Destroyer.... it has the more forgiving 7" brace height and the deeper cams. I paid extra for these features so I didn't have to worry while I learned and improved in the sport.

LMAO...what?? 2011 had deeper cam grooves to accomodate people that didn't know how to shoot that were buying an advanced shooters bow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am going to take more pictures now and will upload in a few minutes...

We do have one person that says it is the 2011 model.... maybe there is hope ?!?

I am looking for the truth.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It is the 2011 model. I understand that you are new to the sport and are worried about the 2010 cams because the string will pop off according to all the people on AT.. I shoot a 2010 340 and it is a dream to shoot, absolutely notihing wrong with the cams. People that are derailing them are drawing with fingers and twisting the bow while letting down, or the cam lean isnt set right. period.... The bow will not derail under normal shooting conditions when it was used as intended. Dont believe everything you read on AT, sometimes things get blown way out of proportion on here. Good luck and enjoy your new bow.

·
I like elk!
19,720 Posts
Sorry if i was wrong about which year cam you have....it just looks like the string is flush with the top of the cam groove and as I recall,the 2011's groove was very deep.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The Bowtech cams are very big cams, as are the ones on the Mathews Monster and PSE Omen. If you twist the bow while drawing or letting down those bog cams will flex out of line allowing the bow to derail. These bows are like high dollar race horses, you have to treat them right. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do you know it is the 2011 model? Please clarify.

Putting all other information to the side.... I just want what I paid for. If it is a 2011 model then that is wonderful news! BUT please clarify why you think it is 2011 versus 2010.

Thank you.

It is the 2011 model. I understand that you are new to the sport and are worried about the 2010 cams because the string will pop off according to all the people on AT.. I shoot a 2010 340 and it is a dream to shoot, absolutely notihing wrong with the cams. People that are derailing them are drawing with fingers and twisting the bow while letting down, or the cam lean isnt set right. period.... The bow will not derail under normal shooting conditions when it was used as intended. Dont believe everything you read on AT, sometimes things get blown way out of proportion on here. Good luck and enjoy your new bow.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The string is actially sitting about a 16th of an inch below the groove of the cam, on the 2010 model you can actually see a little string sticking out
Sorry if i was wrong about which year cam you have....it just looks like the string is flush with the top of the cam groove and as I recall,the 2011's groove was very deep.

·
Registered
874 Posts
exactly x2
The string is actially sitting about a 16th of an inch below the groove of the cam, on the 2010 model you can actually see a little string sticking out

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes they are 2011 the 10's ride higher out of the cam than that.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts