Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been the most unfairly treated archer in my country! I have shot for 9 years and it has been a roller coaster ride for me. Anyway I have been enduring this particular Arsehole for years. Let me tell you abit about me. I have been a compound archer for 9 years and during this years, I have achieved a fair share of the national championships medals. Notice I said "national" and not international? Yes I have been one of the seniors in the team but I have not been given chances to go for major overseas shoots! The only one I've been to is the 13th Asian Archery Championship and thats it! The reason being that this arsehole hated me. For whatever reason? Its because I am on good term with his enemy and he is jealous or afraid I don't know and he is finding ways to bring me down! For 9 years I am not given the sports grant that is supposed to be given to the upper lever athletes because this arsehole will make up reason not to give me. FOR 9 YEARS CAN YOU IMAGINE??? Those who shot not as long as me has got theirs for years. Just recently I was being sacked from the team because I was late for training. It is a terrible mistake. He has been eyeing for me to make a single mistake to bring me down and when I am late, he at once cease the opportunity to sack me. This arsehole has a mouth of a rotten egg. He uses others name to say what he wanted and shift blame on you for years. Everyone knows that but everyone kept quiet. Ok so on the day I was late, he called my mobile and said,"I was told you are late. The coach wants to sack you from the team but I told him to keep you. I tried so hard to keep you but the coach insist that you are to be sack." Upon hearing this crap I resigned on my own but I knew he was using the coach's name to sack me so I called up the coach and the coach was so shocked to hear that. He told me to confirm with some other witnesses that this arsehole is the one who wanted to sack me and not the coach. The coach has always wanted to keep me. This is just one of the many many cases of him using others name to shift blame. Ok back to me. I have been aiming on this particular competition for many years but somehow did not have a chance to go because it is a only recurve tournament. Being the upper level compound archer, I gave up compound and switched to recurve, all for the dream of going to the competition. Then it ended that they suddenly put compound into the tournament I wanted to go so I switched back to compound. I followed the program so hard and suddenly, fall into a slump for 2 trials and someone who did not follow the training schedule came for the trial and shot higher than me and was selected as the tournament team member. I not being selected after trying so so hard and doing anything to achieve my goal is a major blow to me. Now he wanted to sack me when I was late for once and after trying so darn hard? You know guys. Almost all the archers here make mistake, some don't come for training at all, some walk away during shoots and some talk and joke on the shooting line but they are given chances upon chances but why am I the unlucky one? I have been enduring this years after years but it is the thought of shooting that keeps me going. I am down to this stage where I feel like quitting. Am I really unlucky?

·
Registered
12,164 Posts
I don't know what to tell ya HoytUSA, Keep tying. This guy may be a jerk, but if you want to shoot on the team your going to have to get along/ put up with him.

Have you talked to the coach about him before? It might help if the three of you got togeather and try to settle this. Too bad you had a bad day shooting, that sure gave him a conveniat excuse to bench you.

Sorry, but stay with it.

Bill

·
Registered
254 Posts
Move to the US and try to get on our team!! :D

I'm sorry things are not good for you there. If archery is "your thing" get out and get noticed!

Adk

·
Lowered expectations
19,045 Posts
As with anything posted on the internet, there are two sides to any story. Perhaps the other side is what you have in your profile?

Shooting for 6 years. Highest 1337. Not good.
Try posting some 1375+ scores first and see if your national team takes any interest. And don't tell me you can't do it without team funding - these days it's not that hard.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Where are You From Boy?

Sounds like you are butting you head against a wall.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Stash said:
As with anything posted on the internet, there are two sides to any story. Perhaps the other side is what you have in your profile?

Try posting some 1375+ scores first and see if your national team takes any interest. And don't tell me you can't do it without team funding - these days it's not that hard.

OUCH!!!!!! that will leave a mark.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Attitude

Although new again to archery, I have shot firearms in law enforcement competitions for several years.

I'll chime in with a bit of competitive wisdom: Above all else, be a professional.....which involves seeking the proper help and you are definitely doing that here.....and it involves interpersonal relationship compatability. As an L.E.O., I've always looked inward when conflicts arise-it's the professional thing to do......

Hope this helps..

Rich

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mistreated by Arsehole

Chaplins hours are 1800-2300 hrs, 7 days a week, no appointment necessary.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Young dog old tricks.

Keep in mind at an older age you will understand what you don’t know. At the young age of 21, you only understand what you think you know. For instance, you will only be as good as you are going to get. You will never be as good as you think you will get. There are many more players than winners in every game. To win you must be good and lucky, just good won’t cut it. Life is not about winning or being the best because it’s not going to happen. Realism supersedes optimism and pessimism. No matter how good you are at something there is always someone better. Be the best that you can be and try to have fun doing it. Not all of this will make sense until you have seen some sand trickle through the hour glass. If you think this is a line of crap you had better think about it again. Good luck.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hi guys thanks alot for your replies. Well 1337 was my best when I started AT many years ago. Anyway I have resigned and seeking to have fun in archery. My coach is a person who don't hear you out and just keep asking you to shoot. He can't see that I am almost going crazy and going to explode anytime, until I told him him if he force me I will kill myself. How's that? He kept quiet and he let me go for a break. Regarding this arsehole, he is the most sly beast I have ever met! He make up stories and twist and turn but one thing I have to say is his lies sounded darn real, until I go and find out the truth. Whenever he gave speech everyone will start laughing and some guys will point his finger in one ear the other finger out on the other ear, meaning what goes into the right ear comes out from the left. When he meet someone beneficial to him he suck him up like a dog, even to a boy (This boy is of powerful background) and when he meet someone who is useless to him he kicks him around. I can't say where I am from because if this arsehole sees this he will know exactly I am refering to him. His conscious is clear! If I don't say where I am from he has no ground to confront me. He is in his 50s but still rotting away, spineless and suck up his way for a living. He has many stories of cheating and stealing but I will not go into that because that is history. He hated this particular guy, the enemy I mentioned, but seen him buying food for him and joking and talking away. Hypocrite basturd!! Guys, I assure you if he is in the US he will get a bullet in his legs, then arm and let him bleed to death. I would love to go to the US to train and leave this horrible place! This arsehole brought shame to archery! Our hobby, our sport! If any archery lovers see this please do a favour to this sport; CURSE HIM!! When the coach came, in 2 weeks time he can diagnose this arsehole almost 98% correct. Cheating, making up stories, telling lies, making people quarrel by blaming one person using someone else's name etc. etc. is purely in his blood! I SWEAR UPON MY LIFE THESE ARE REAL and not out of anger on someone. If people from my country sees this they definitely knows who I am refering to. Wasted life, arsehole. Sorry about this and thanks alot for your time!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
The people here in the USA may not understand all that goes on in your country -- there is a major cultural difference that most here do not understand, unless they have travelled internationally extensively and for long periods of time.

I happen to fit that profile, and even though I know already where you are from, even if I did not, I would have easily known by your writting style and use of certain verbage. I will not divulge this information, however. But if you think by naming your country, it will give you away, I can assure you that your countrymen already know you anyway.

Why is it that this guys has so much control over even the coach?

Only thing I can say is hang in there and try just to enjoy shooting for a while. Do let the things you can't control affect the things you can. You are young enough to have plenty of time left, although later in life you will have to budget your time differently. I thought I read in another post that you are shooting for the National Service?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haha thanks RxBowhunter. Hi RobVos yes I am shooting for national service which is also military service. People from my country knew who I am but by not name my country intentionally may save me from the cleaning up later. Anyway I feel that archery is giving me too much problems... Yes I will still shoot but my dream of the nationals are gone. What kind of shooting do you do?

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Hoytusa84 said:
Haha thanks RxBowhunter. Hi RobVos yes I am shooting for national service which is also military service. People from my country knew who I am but by not name my country intentionally may save me from the cleaning up later. Anyway I feel that archery is giving me too much problems... Yes I will still shoot but my dream of the nationals are gone. What kind of shooting do you do?
I'm not too old (27 now), but I wish I was born in 1984... Just keep up with the good shooting, practice on your own, set yourself a goal to shoot not 1375, but 1395...

·
Registered
712 Posts
don't give up

Dear 84, Don't give up on your dream. You are too young to understand what
it is you are giving up. Hope that makes sense, but you have alot of years ahead of you. If you give up on your dreams you basicly are excepting your death. You can put this dream on the back burner for awhile, when conditions improve go forit again. Life in general is unfair. As I have tried to
teach my kids, you can't control how someone else behaves but you can control how you do. People like to be around up-beat friendly, positive people
In the professional world it is more important if you are liked than how good a job you do. If you think I am crazy, ask any of the older folks on here if what
I am telling you is wrong. Be positive in all your dealings with others, save the
negativity for your family or good friends. Be professional, give 150% all the time and soon others will be in your court. I know these facts are true, I have
seen it first hand. Try and see the good in {arshhole} and make that your focus. You don't need to kiss his a** but make him your best friend. :D

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dear Dado and ELCHEFFO, I have been very depressed because of the treatment I get so unfairly but you have made me think twice about quitting, all you guys did. I have been enduring, forgive and forgetting this matter and always trying to lay this matter to rest for many years but it just keeps on coming back to me. One has his limits and after 9 years it sure did surpassed my limits to the point I almost threw my bow on the ground and break all my X0 arrows. I almost went mad!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Chin Up!

Dear 84, Keep your chin up. We are all behind you. You ever want to vent,PM
me, I'll listen. I have had my share of mistreatment over the years. I am also
sure any of the other guys would be great listeners also. Remember, Chin up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.