Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first ILF riser and I’m looking for plunger recommendations. I don’t mind paying for quality. Is there one that stands out above the rest? I’m not new to traditional archery but I’m still fairly green, my other bows have all been shot off the shelf. I purchased a 19” satori riser if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Lowered expectations
17,096 Posts
There are dozens on the market. Anything in the $30 - $40 range will be fine for your purposes, well made and smooth movement. The AAE Master or Shibuya DX would be good choices. You can pay a LOT more, but you don’t need the micro click adjustability and all the extras.

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,249 Posts
If you are new to using a plunger then a Shibuya DX is a solid choice. It works well and is reasonably priced. Keep an eye on the set screw though. They tend to get loose and fall out.

Beiter's are clearly the best overall, and are a good choice if you are not planning on locking down your plunger so you can make changes on the fly. This is much more advanced use for a plunger and it is not worth the big expense if you do not know how to take advantage of it.

I have tried several of the index style plungers, such as the AAE and Spigarelli, and they do not compare to a Beiter. That is why I have four Beiters on my bows and relegated by Spigarelli and AAE to compound finger bows.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I recommend NOT buying a $14 Beiter copy. They are very rough. I do like my TradTech short stubby. It is super smooth for a $20 button, but your Satori may be too thick for the stubby.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Specific beiter model or length? I have a crazy work schedule and don’t have much time to research what I need. I’m just trying to short cut the system. I intend to run micro diameter arrows, if that matters?

·
Civil but Disobedient
7,249 Posts
The Beiter sizing is kind of complicated. The safest way to go would be to call Lancaster Archery and tell them what riser and rest you are using. There is also an M8 metric version that you will see. That is for old Yamaha bows. Don't buy it.

You need a range of spring tension with a plunger. The Beiter and Shibuya come with multiple springs. I have not compared the spring length of a shorty but I would guess it is shorter, so you would get less adjustment.

I have one on a bow somewhere but don't really want to take it apart to see.

That would be something to check if you decided to go that way. I think the shorties are designed to be more compact on the bow.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
There are dozens on the market. Anything in the $30 - $40 range will be fine for your purposes, well made and smooth movement. The AAE Master or Shibuya DX would be good choices. You can pay a LOT more, but you don’t need the micro click adjustability and all the extras.
For most of us this price range gets good stuff . I have a WNS SPFC plunger with microadjustment and it works great and does not break the bank...If you want to spend more you certainly can.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm in a similar search for my recently acquired Satori. What rest are you using with said plunger?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly don’t know, I think I may end up using an adjustable side plate and running off the shelf. It is still in the box, I haven’t had time to mess with it yet. I figured there was a “cookie cutter” setup that most were running. That way I could order all the components and have them here for when I get a day off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts