Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a wooden riser, not that great, but will do for now. i would like to get a plunger, and a new arrow rest that will acomidate(spelling?) a plunger. Although, im not sure if a plunger will fit into my riser. there is only one hole and thats where my arrow rest is now. should there be two holes if i wanta plunger on it? or will the plunger go into the hole that my current arrow rest is in, and the new arrow rest go on top of it.
Hope im not too confusing!

·
Registered
279 Posts
If I understand your setup...

A stick-on style rest such as a Hoyt super or an ARE will work fine with a plunger. They are designed to fit over the hole in the bow, which the plunger to threads through.

However, if you have a wraparound style rest that requires a bolt to hold it in place, you often can replace that bolt with the plunger and use the plunger to hold the rest in place. I've had great success doing this with beiter plungers and less with Cavalier and Shibuya (they are still excellent plungers). With the latter two you have to be careful as cranking them down tight (to prevent the rest from moving) can occasionally result in the plunger barrel breaking. This probably results from being a heavy handed bow mechanic and is not a knock on the product.

·
Archery Coach
23,292 Posts
general rule-if the bow has ONE PLUNGER HOLE-use an ARE or other stick on rest rest. On a wood handle bow use a Cavalier champion which you can mount with tiny drilled holes.

FOR TWO PLUNGER HOLES a wrap around rest (Spigarelli, or cavalier) can be used. USE THE 5x16 bolt that comes with it to do the work of holding the rest on-the cavalier suggests not using its standard plunger for this (THe master lok is more sturdy) alone.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Jim C said:
general rule-if the bow has ONE PLUNGER HOLE-use an ARE or other stick on rest rest. On a wood handle bow use a Cavalier champion which you can mount with tiny drilled holes.

FOR TWO PLUNGER HOLES a wrap around rest (Spigarelli, or cavalier) can be used. USE THE 5x16 bolt that comes with it to do the work of holding the rest on-the cavalier suggests not using its standard plunger for this (THe master lok is more sturdy) alone.
Agreed Jim. That's good advice. However, sometimes it's what you've got available. I've violated the rule often with superflyte when I preferred that rest. With care (or a beiter), it works all right in a single hole riser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts