Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who wears the lacrosse rubber boots for hunting?:)

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
niteshade said:
who wears the lacrosse rubber boots for hunting?:)
Member feedback prompted me to purchase a pair this year...got the Burly ATS 1200s with some Bass Pro gift cards.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone else like these boots?:)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I used to wear them until I saw a rattlesnake. Now I wear La Crosse snake boots with lots of scent killer:tongue:

TEXAS

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
i wear the uninsulated alphas have had them for 4 years love them they fit like a tennis shoe most comfortable boot i've ever worn.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Started wearing them last year. I absolutely love mine. They truly are the most comfortable slip on boot I've ever worn.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I do.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
I wear the Alpha Burly with 800 grain thinsulate. A word of advice - they shrink when it's really cold. I can't get them on with a thin pair of liner socks barley. Fit fine early season, not so good late season.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anazazi said:
I wear the Alpha Burly with 800 grain thinsulate. A word of advice - they shrink when it's really cold. I can't get them on with a thin pair of liner socks barley. Fit fine early season, not so good late season.
is the 800 thinsulate just right for early season or do they get warm? my husband has pack type boots for late season.:)

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
4,991 Posts
I wear the 1200s and love them, but I do find that my feet sweat ALOT in them, especially in early season or when walking. I actually considered wearing a hiking boot when walking to my stand, although I guess that defeats the purpose, huh? I wear mine during the late season and my feet stay toasty during some bitter cold stuff though. Maybe I should just invest in some un-insulated ones for early season.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
yep...

I own 3 pair of the Alphas...all different weights...Love them...

·
Registered
890 Posts
grange

i use the grange for early season, when it's hot, then go to my Muck Boot Woodys. I used to wear some burly's for cold temps, but the ankle fit is so tight i can't get them off my feet.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Engelsmung said:
i use the grange for early season, when it's hot, then go to my Muck Boot Woodys. I used to wear some burly's for cold temps, but the ankle fit is so tight i can't get them off my feet.
lacrosse has the ankle fit boots now i believe:)

·
Registered
834 Posts
i just bought the alphy burly uninsulated? How they call it uninsulated I don't know. I guess just because it doesn't have Thinsulate.

I love em. had to buy a full size bigger than my shoe. Talk about Comfortable. like wearing an athletic shoe. I would wear this boot in temps down to 50 for sure

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I do also

after 3 years I now need another pair!! Am looking right now as a matter of fact!! Great boots to hunt with, comfortable.

Derek

·
Registered
135 Posts
boots

I prefer the BOGS 100 to 1 over the Lacrosse. Lacrosse has a major drawback. They do not, and I repeat they do not make a size 18, Bogs does, Tom.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts