Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at purchasing Pnuma Waypoint set after reading reviews. I have considered First Lite, Sitka, KUIU but I like the Pnuma camo and seems to be a decent deal although not a ton cheaper then any of the others mentioned. Anyone have any experience with the Waypoint set? I was comparing it to the Sitka Stratus set but the fabric on the Stratus has me on the fence as I hunt in areas with a ton of burs and hitchhikers and that fleece type fabric will grab every single one of them...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Pnuma is formerly Robinson Outdoors, Scentblocker, who went out of business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Pnuma maybe since was schultz's consumer direct project but Robinson the company was bought out by Scentlok already and no longer. They are still filling orders for Scentblocker due to having inventory but done as a company.
Robinson was in receivership and bank was taking them. Call it what you will or files as but did that because he didn't want to sell to Scentlok in the end but bank took it and Scentlok purchased it.

·
8,290 Posts
Pnuma is formerly Robinson Outdoors, Scentblocker, who went out of business.

seems pretty strange to post something that has nothing to do with what hes asking about.

Im looking at purchasing Pnuma Waypoint set after reading reviews. I have considered First Lite, Sitka, KUIU but I like the Pnuma camo and seems to be a decent deal although not a ton cheaper then any of the others mentioned. Anyone have any experience with the Waypoint set? I was comparing it to the Sitka Stratus set but the fabric on the Stratus has me on the fence as I hunt in areas with a ton of burs and hitchhikers and that fleece type fabric will grab every single one of them...
i have the way point jacket and its great. def wont catch burrs and is super quiet. def go with one size larger than you think the elbows seem tight on the size you think you are. i ordered a XL which thats what i am on most things and it fit me more like a large. so i sent it back for a XXL and it works great. im 73" 220lbs athletic build 34" waist jeans

·
Registered
440 Posts
Definitely order a size larger. I ordered the 2xl and had to return it for a 3xl the arms are small. I wish I could get a 2xl with 3xl sleeves.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Also some of their original coats and pants are pretty heavy if you are looking for lightweight early season gear I wouldn't recommend the selkirk pretty much any season in the Pacific NW it's too hot unless you have snow.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have there heated vest and the waypoint jacket and gunisson hoodie. Also use there long sleeve shirts. I have no complains and use the snot out of them. The heated vest and hoodie are my 2 go to hunting items if cold.
I only wear the jacket when glassing after a long hike to the glassing spot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I recently got the Pnuma WayPoint Jacket , Tenacity Pant and Gunnison hoodie, but have not yet to used them in the field. Quality seems high and well designed. They are associated with Los Cazadores in South Texas which carries Pnuma gear in their stores. Fit for me is as expected. I usually wear medium or large depending on cut of the shirt or jacket, while the Large sizes fit well.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Is the selkirk a stratus or fanatic equivalent? question for those guys who may have owned both.

I have the iconx heated vest and Pnuma's price point isn't far off from FL or Sitka and the lifetime guarantee is definitely worth something. Windproof outers are a must in my opinion for Midwest Whitetail hunting. I'm on the hunt for new mid/late season outerwear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts