Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done shooting an indoor round after adding inserts to my CXL's and after re-homing in I shot a 57x -

The next day I went outside to make sure I was good for the 3D and I was hitting left about 3" at 20 yards. I zeroed back in & all was good.

Anyone ever notice this - ? Seems to me I've heard of it before but this is the first time it really hit me...

Thanks

·
74,535 Posts
Burly Hall

Once commented in seminar about shooting spots compared to animals in 3d and suggest that some guys have that promblem.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting...

Did anyone explain why?

It seems to me I heard something about the lighting but I don't remember for certain what the explanation was...

TIA

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
huntmup;

For 20 yards there should be no difference between indoor and outdoors sight marks (assuming a level shooting plane)...unless you have some kind of constant wind phenomenon going on.

Chances are you are either changing something in your form, or you are catching the light through peep (if you are using one) differently. Different light conditions changes the perceived size of the peep diameter, this can in turn effect your sight marks.

-CG

·
Registered
513 Posts
huntumup..........I do the same thing, only my impact point is about 1-2''. I think it is the difference in lighting. Like CGsaid.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lighting...

The lighting 'eh...

Interesting - maybe that's it. Sure can get in a guys head though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts