Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new layered target like a Block 4x4 or a McKenzie Shotblocker or the like. I prefer a 21"x21" size. Where is the best buy out there right now on a target like this as far as mail order goes?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Are you shooting field tips or broadheads or both?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The Block Outfitter Model is ultra large, thick and dense and will last for years.
Keystone Country Store is selling them for $125!! I checked before I wrote this- they have four left in stock.
I had one of these for more than several years before it finally wore out.
I bought one of Gander Mountain's layered targets as a replacement- it lasted three months.
I wholeheartedly recommend the Block Outfitter, and $125 is a great price. I think shipping is around $15.
Lots of luck.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've heard nothing but negatives reviews about the Block. Haven't tried one myself, but don't plan on it either. The Rinehart 18-1 is probably the best for field points and broadheads. It's smaller, but worth it's weight in gold and they have a one year warranty if you can shoot it up within a year. The Spyderweb is probably the best buy if you are looking to spend $100+ on a target. But broadheads will ruin it. I am planning on getting the Spyderweb soon.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I have used them all and they all work good and to their claims. What the claims do not tell you (regardless of company) is that their claims and tests are all done shooting at different areas of the target each and every time. If you shoot the same spot over and over, you will get very deep penetrations and even pass throughs. I use mine as a practice target during travels because there are not always places to practice.

·
Registered
898 Posts
If I was going to get another target I whould get the BLOCK original (the one with just the layered material). I had one a long time ago and it worked well untill I shot broadheads through it and then It was destroyed. I had had a bag target that worked well for quite some time untill it all comes out the back, and ive had the BLOCK 4x4 whitch was the most expensive target and the worst. After about 2 months of only shooting field tips through it it was destroyed on all 4 sides. I plan on makeing a layered carpet target which will be huge so ill be able to shoot from long distances without sweatin a little bit shooting at a 16in target. Good luck

Here is a link to the target i plan on building(scroll down to post 7)

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=782130

1 - 7 of 7 Posts