Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a ripping deal on 15 new 2-04 920 acc shafts and 2dz points. $40 for the whole works!!!! My question the points are only 50 gr. It seems awful light. I see I can buy 80 or 100 gr points. Wouldn't my FOC be way off with the light points? I Always have shot heavier points if I could. What you think?

·
Desert Island Trading Co.
4,775 Posts
I think 50 gr is too light. I would go up to 80-100gr.

Chris

·
Registered
20,768 Posts
ac -

Seeing as you already have them, wouldn't it be easier to just try them any find out???

Viper1 out.

·
USAA Regional-L4 Coach
4,319 Posts
Viper

+1

At 6.5gpi and assuming a 27"ish arrow, I'm going to guess you are going to be around 7% FOC.. Maybe not great for carbons but at 920 spine and a light weigh bow to match it could be worse.

I'd try them out before deciding you need to dump more money into additional points. Worse thing that can happen is you decide you need more point weight.. Maybe you will find that it tunes great.

DC

·
Desert Island Trading Co.
4,775 Posts
so far he's only spent $40 bucks. I doubt new points will break his bank. Even indoors carbons with 7% FOC wont do him any favors.

Chris

·
Registered
895 Posts
What would it hurt to try them with the 50g point. If they don't and he needs more point weight then buy the new points.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts