Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the day came where you could buy a broadhead dipped in a chemical or poisen to take any wild game animal and it also guareented a quick and humane kill in 3-5 seconds. Would you buy it or would you pass it up and continue on using your old but faithful broadhead. Plus it would also have no effect on human consumption.Do you think it would take away the thrill of the hunt.Remember 3-5 seconds and it yours.Will we ever be given this option as the years move on. Oh the price for a 3 pack of poisen broadheads $100.00 dollars Enjoy! CRAZY WOLF

·
Registered
176 Posts
Not a chance, I think that is just a terrible idea because people as of now dont practice enough to even be out hunting. If that kind of broadhead came along, the mentality would be "I just have to hit the deer" whether that be in the leg, guts, or the vitals. People wouldnt practice, just look at the deer as a whole.

So no I would never buy them.

Josh

·
Registered
342 Posts
that would take the fun out of shootin the thing then tryin to find it

·
Registered
261 Posts
No way! First for the fact that it would take out all of the excitement. Next, because what happens if you nick your finger with one. You're toast. Or does the antedote come with it?:wink:

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
I don't think this a new idea. I believe back in the 60's or 70's this was actually done but was then banned by most states.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I know a dentist who used to do this back in the 80's.....not sure if he still does or not. I'll not get into how specifically he did it but it was effective.....ridiculous, but effective. It amazes me the length that some folks will go to cheat themselves of the total bowhunting experience. The right shot....the right position.....bloodtrailing. Some guys don't get it.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Hell no:mad:

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
insatiable said:
I think the poison pods are still legal in Mississippi, they were a few years back.
Insatiable
my brother went to school there about three years ago pods were still legal

·
Registered
218 Posts
Poison arrows (pods)

Some of you are misinformed. It is neither iilegal or legal to use pods in Miss. The Miss, legislature and F&G have never ruled either way.
However ! Federal law says that no one except Drug companies, DRs. or reserch people can POSSESS Acetinine (Succucholine) SP?. And it's also illegal for those who are authorized to have it to disperse it in any way.!!

So even though one can get it and use it in Mississippi, It is illegal by Federal law !Just check with the FF&D administration

Why would one want to use it anyway ?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
This would be a liabilty, Imagine if you accidently stuck yourself. I will just use my 100 gr rocket sidewinder,very deadly. Most deer I shoot with this head fall within sight.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
crazy wolf said:
If the day came where you could buy a broadhead dipped in a chemical or poisen to take any wild game animal and it also guareented a quick and humane kill in 3-5 seconds. Would you buy it or would you pass it up and continue on using your old but faithful broadhead. Plus it would also have no effect on human consumption.Do you think it would take away the thrill of the hunt.Remember 3-5 seconds and it yours.Will we ever be given this option as the years move on. Oh the price for a 3 pack of poisen broadheads $100.00 dollars Enjoy! CRAZY WOLF
I know this was a off the wall ? just wanted to see how many of ya would say yes to it. Nothing more and nothing less . For me i will stick to the old broadhead method i like hitting the one and only sweet spot the boiler room. Stay Kool, Crazy Wolf!

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
Why not use a blow gun then?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts