• Add new 35lb limbs to my SAGE

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Buy new riser and limbs

Votes: 14 77.8%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm undecided as to which way to go.......help me out here!

1. buy new 35lb limbs for SAGE
2. buy new riser and limbs.

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
right now, there is no problem with the cost unless I get up into the $500.00 or more range....The compound bow has pretty much taken care of that and If I should go entirely to traditional, I then could up the money for a high dollar trad bow.....right now I'm undecided on going just one way......I think the 35lb bow will decide that.......I don't care for all the gadgetry on the compounds....its like haveing an RV, something always going wrong to cost you big money!

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Both, definitely both.lol

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll even add a third thing to the poll.......

3. buy 30lb limbs instead of 35lb......

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both, definitely both.lol
Well, you might have something there but my wife would shoot me for spending that much....I'm henpecked to a degree! But having said that...."my hypocracy just goes so far"...quote by Doc Holliday in Tombstone....

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
The excel riser will give you more options. It allows for minor adjustment in poundage, you can play with tiller, build up the shelf , or use an elevated rest with plunger, sight and stabilizers. You can shop the fita section for limbs. I have the 23" riser in blackout with tradtech black max carbons. I like it so much I am selling all my bows with training wheels.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
I'd go with a ILF riser and limbs.... gives you more flexibility over the long run.

·
Registered
20,547 Posts
Dave -

Given the price of either limb options, I'd go for the 30#s.

As an FYI, 30# Korean limbs with a 29.25" draw and the bolts all the way in + 37# on the fingers, Most of the Korean stuff is rated at their lowest possible setting. (ALL of my Korean limbs on Hoyt risers gain about 7# over marked in that configuration.)

If you go through LAS, you can ask them to confirm the weight on the riser before they pack it up. When mixing and matching, that's usually a good idea!

Viper1 out.

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave -

Given the price of either limb options, I'd go for the 30#s.

As an FYI, 30# Korean limbs with a 29.25" draw and the bolts all the way in + 37# on the fingers, Most of the Korean stuff is rated at their lowest possible setting. (ALL of my Korean limbs on Hoyt risers gain about 7# over marked in that configuration.)

If you go through LAS, you can ask them to confirm the weight on the riser before they pack it up. When mixing and matching, that's usually a good idea!

Viper1 out.
I will do that and thanks for that info....just NO end to the good information on here! If I could get 35 to 37lbs with 30lb limbs then I'll sure do it. I want a bow I can concentrate on where I want the arrow to go, not an exercize machine!

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Besides that, my DL, by all the pro shops I've been to is 29 and 1/2 inches. I would think the poundage would rise with that number!

·
Registered
20,547 Posts
Dave -

I want a bow I can concentrate on where I want the arrow to go, not an exercize machine!
I wish more people got that!

Viper1 out.

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dave -

I wish more people got that!

Viper1 out.
I think most people are of the opinion that its a macho thing. Look at me, I pull back a 60lb bow with no effort.....Actually they are under a load of stress and accuracy is non-existant. I want to relax and shoot with confidence like I did back in my teen years. I think with the advice I'm getting on here....I'm heading in the right direction.....After all, isn't accuracy with consistancy the main objective of this game we call archery?

·
Registered
20,547 Posts
Dave -

After all, isn't accuracy with consistancy the main objective of this game we call archery?
Oddly enough, not in all circles... :behindsof

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Make the jump to ILF

Options are endless

A lot on the used market

You have some adjustability in the weight range with an ILF

It's the way to go :)

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, its a done deal now......just bought a EXCEL RISER, the one Viper1 refered me to.....

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The excel riser will give you more options. It allows for minor adjustment in poundage, you can play with tiller, build up the shelf , or use an elevated rest with plunger, sight and stabilizers. You can shop the fita section for limbs. I have the 23" riser in blackout with tradtech black max carbons. I like it so much I am selling all my bows with training wheels.
I just bought an Excel riser, the one Viper1 refered me to. I think I'm gonna like having the options you mentioned.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Good choice!

·
Registered
10,858 Posts
Get some 26-30# long limbs. Don't be tempted by mediums with that riser, you want the long ones with your DL.

-Grant

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Get some 26-30# long limbs. Don't be tempted by mediums with that riser, you want the long ones with your DL.

-Grant
Thats my intentions...I want it strictly for targets....Gonna be alot of fun and I just might give up on the wheel bows if I like the trad bows the way it looks now!

·
32,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I bought a bunch of the NFAA targets from Lancasters and I bought some 2 inch orange dots too. They will go on my paper plates. I don't want to go thru the NFAA targets too quick like!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts