Archery Talk Forum banner

What would be the Max range of traditional English Longbow.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
6,587 Posts
so what are you putting down the mathews now? and really with only a 27" draw you won't get a full 150# pull.......:p

· Registered
375 Posts
I voted for 350.....

Think you may have to shoot at extreme down hill angles though...lol

d

· Registered
375 Posts
Nope....just aim 45 degrees or higher....dint you watch Braveheart???
Good point!!:smile:

I forgot all about that...dont forget to light the arrow on fire too....I think it helps with the down range KE..lol

d

· Registered
6,815 Posts
holy ******* ********* ******* ********* *********** ***** ******* *******...and i get so much crap on here cause i shoot deer at 100 yds with a compound bow and sights...go figure!

well i would say your distance is in your skill and confidence and only you will know that...don't let someone else set your standards or limitations, but i would say those distances seem awful far!

i do want video of this!...and good luck!

· Registered
28,629 Posts
You got punked

holy ******* ********* ******* ********* *********** ***** ******* *******...and i get so much crap on here cause i shoot deer at 100 yds with a compound bow and sights...go figure!

well i would say your distance is in your skill and confidence and only you will know that...don't let someone else set your standards or limitations, but i would say those distances seem awful far!

i do want video of this!...and good luck!
Never, ever, never believe cyber hunting distances.

· Registered
Hoyt Satori w/ Uukha Gobi limbs 45# @ 28"
2,776 Posts
150# is a little light for elk. I've got a 350# slingshot that I'm using for rabbits. :p

Now can we ajourn to Denny's for the Suleman Breakfast? :confused3:

Suleman Breakfast:
14 eggs, no sausage and the guy next to you has to pay for it. :chortle:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.