·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Federal land.
2. State owned land.
3. Wildlife Management Areas.
4. Private/leased land.

Just thought that it would be interesting to see where the majority of folks hunt.

I have hunted on all of the above, however almost 100% of all of my hunting now takes place on private or leased land.

3L

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
I own 200 acres of great deer habitat. Mixed hardwoods, apple orchards, fields, hemlock stands and 2nd growth brush. I also have about another 200 acres of privately owned bordering propery. Where the two property lines end I have acess to 60,000 acres of wilderness in the largest state park in New York.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You should have added "All Of The Above":wink:

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
These days it 100% Private land for me. That's the way I would prefer it to stay.

·
Registered
15,280 Posts
I hunt private land but i don't have to pay to hunt there.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Voted private but hunt in all ,mainly public in late season after everybody's cleared out of the woods. Man nothin' better than 20 below with a wind chill
sittin' in a tree and challenging mother nature! Big buck time!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm fortunate enough to be able to hunt private land all the time because most of the neighbors feel "out of sight, out of mind".

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Only private. No confusion that way.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hunted private land until this year, it was a great 100 acres, food plots, big permanent stands, me and my 3 buddies put a lot of time and money in on this land. Then all of a sudden last Sunday the landowners son shows up from out of state while we were all out there, and he says " from now on mom says no one is to be on the property except these people and has a list and guess what we are not on it. It was people we have never heard of and we know everyone in the area. He starts hanging posted signs everywhere and waits until we gather our stuff and follows us out the drive, I went back the next day to get my climber and all the locks are changed on all 3 gates. We tried to call the owners no one returns our calls. So It looks like wma's the rest of the year.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
the situation is different here in Sweden, almost all land is private, but everybody can be there pick berry, camp etc., you cant close your land for people, but to hunt you need premision from the landowners that is usually united in "teams", one for every willage so that i as a local resident can hunt on all land that is a part of my willage for a very low fee.
I pay about $70/year to hunt everything but moose, that would be another $70 plus what i would cost me to lease a part of the land.
the moosehunting in Sweden is stictly controlled by the goverment, every team have their quote of how many, and what animals they can shoot.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Only private and leased land for me. I hunted public land twice and had problems with idiots both times. Never again. I also had a buddy who was shot on public land and lost a leg because someone thought he was a turkey.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts