Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a poll for my son, not for me! which bow would you shoot if you were 10, don't worry about the money factor, just proving a point!!!!:wink:

Martin Leopard vs Hoyt Kobolt vs Matthews ignition.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Starting a poll for my son, not for me! which bow would you shoot if you were 10, don't worry about the money factor, just proving a point!!!!:wink:

Martin Leopard vs Hoyt Kobolt vs Matthews ignition.

Lisa you got to see what I am building for Jen. It should be a great bow for a small framed archer.

If I had to choose from those bows I would go with the mathews just because it is the only one with out parallel limbs. And we all know how I feel about parallel limbs:pukey:

I would try to find him a Hoyt avenger plus. Las has some camo models on sale I'd call to see if they had any target color left overs. I know of a couple small framed people shooting them, and they all say the same thing. It's the best shooting bow they ever had.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I like the Kobalt. I really dont know anything about the Martin leopard so cant give an opinion on it. The ignition is a nice bow , however it is draw length specific and at 10 years old he is going to be growing quite quickly.
One other bow you might consider is the Mathews Mission bow. It has adjustable draw length and it seems like a really good bow at a very good price.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Try to find a Hoyt Sierra Tec.....I don't know why they quit making them....:mad:....I have had mine for 5 years and it has held up extremely well.....2,000 dry fires and still kickin'......:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My nephew is 7, and he had a mini genisis for the past 2 years. The length is still good , but he out grew the weight. I bought him a Mission Menace for Christmas. The available weight and draw length should hold him over for a few years. If he takes an interest in it, then I'll step him up to a better target bow when he is about 12. I didn't want to go overbaord on a new bow, just incase he loses interest, but if not, he will still have a good bow to shoot target and hunt with.

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
I would go Hoyt or Mathews....probably the Hoyt just becuase I would be working on it and I don't like singles:D

But since he isn't a newbie....a genisis isn't gonna work for him.

Hell if he keeps his head out of his booty he can take SP and BG

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
I know a lot of people have answered with bows not on the poll, so I'll add another.:D

Look at the Misson Menace. It's a two cam bow that will adjust from 17" DL to 30" DL. The max draw is affected by the DL. At 17" it's max DW is 21# (I think) and at 30" it goes to 50# DW. He can continue to shoot this bow for years as he grows. Then once he gets older, you can get him a bow that might be more suited to his DL and DW.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Spoon 13 , one of the girls in our JOAD got the same bow just this last week and shot it tonight. NICE bow.
I was putting in some time at my local shop on Sunday afternoon and heard the owner say he had 6 of them arrive the first week in Dec. He sold the last one he had while I was there.

I is a GREAT bow for kids. It will grow with them and not have to be replaced as quickly as most of the bows out there for kids.

That's a bargain at twice the price.:wink::thumb:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
starting a poll for my son, not for me! Which bow would you shoot if you were 10, don't worry about the money factor, just proving a point!!!!:wink:

Martin leopard vs hoyt kobolt vs matthews ignition.
hoyt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts