Archery Talk Forum banner

Poor Blood Trail with MegaMeat

2676 39
Decided to try out some MegaMeat heads. Probably a little bit too big of a head for my current arrow setup but I love to tinker. Shooting a 72# RX7U with a 430 grain arrow. This big doe was quartering away at 41 yards. First pic is the offside shoulder where the head poke partially through. Second pic is the entrance. Not sure why there was not more blood on the ground [emoji2961]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Looks like she was quartered away pretty hard and the broadhead made one heck of a gash on the entry side!!!!

Congrats on your doe!

Season dosen’t open here till next Saturday.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
6,851 Posts
Haha I knew by your number of posts that you were joking! I’ve recovered deer that were hit like that and if they don’t go down quick they can be hard to find without snow. Congrats

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Dang man! That's gnarly!

I've always kinda liked the overall design and function of the Deadmeats but haven't tried them because of the tests I've seen where they sometimes don't deploy or blades break off. But this year I've seen several deer taken with them and Megameats and so far results all have been fantastic.

Reactions: 168p&y

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Holy cow! I hit a doe a
number of years ago, a bit farther back than I wanted with a crimson talon, not quite that level of carnage, but I was tracking by following entrails and thankfully found the animal. Congrats on the deer!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts