Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a "Big" Pop Up Blind with a floor to keep critters out. I want one that is Big enough for me (6'2" 250#) and the kiddo. I sat in a friends pop up last year but it was too short to stand up and windows were too low so I was stooped over the entire time. With bad knees and bad back it was awful. Any suggestions or experiences to help me make a decision?

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
Floors are noisey.
DB mkes a blind for longbow shooters, it is taller.

What type of critters are giving you trouble?

marty

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have had a close call with a Skunk and are also concerned with Rattlebugs! :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
i can honestly say i've never seen a ground blind with a floor, and another question, why do you want to stand up in your blind?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well every so often I'd like to be able to stand up and get the kinks out after sitting for hours....bad back and all....

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
ok, i was thinking you were planning on just standing the entire time you were hunting in the blind, makes more sense now. i stand up in mine to do the same, primos vision, but i'm only 6'0

·
Feedn The Geese
12,299 Posts
i bought mine at dicks, its 60x60x60, in dead center i can stand up almost completely at 5' 10"... $130. field and stream model

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
im 6' 4"

we picked up an Primos Ground Max,Escape Deluxe for me and the boy.. base is 75" and is 77" tall... i can stand and get the kinks out of my back :shade:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ameristep signature series Dominator. 74" wide 82" tall. 299.99 @ Cabelas.
I don't have one myself so don't ask. lol

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
I have an Ameristep with the floor, cant remember for sure but I think its the Intimidator. The floor has its advantages and keeps the water out but I suggest laying down a blanket to help keep you quiet. I can say for the price I paid I am disapointed in the quality. I wouldnt spend the money on another one.

·
Registered
267 Posts
the ameristep intimidator has a floor. i don't have a complaint with the quality, just a big pain to take down.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
A floor will make the sides move, as you move. You might want to reconsider.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have an Ameristep with the floor, cant remember for sure but I think its the Intimidator. The floor has its advantages and keeps the water out but I suggest laying down a blanket to help keep you quiet. I can say for the price I paid I am disapointed in the quality. I wouldnt spend the money on another one.
What kind of quality problems are you having? I was thinking getting one my self.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts