Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great hunt at Shiloh Ranch during the 2008 Porkapalooza Revenge of the Hogs.
Curt Shaw and the rest of the HAM (hogaholics Anonymous Members) put together a great hunt.
Matt & Cheryl Napper are great hosts and really took care of us.
As an added bonus, 6 of us gave up a morning hunt to go fishing for striper bass and have a fish fry for everybody in camp.
Here's a link to a video I took of a 160 lb boar I shot.
http://www.bowhunting.tv/index.cfm?file=200861615472170554&id=357

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
very cool. what state was the hunt in?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shiloh Ranch is in Stonewall, Oklahoma.
I was lucky and took 2 hogs in less than 12 hours. Neither hog went more than 40 yards.
Temperature was in the low 90's with high humidity and the hogs were still out and about, mainly at first and last light when it was cooler.
Swirling winds were the biggest problem.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Nice shootin'!:darkbeer:

I'd like to try some hammin' some time, just have to find the right spot!

On a side note, I thought it was the piglet that took one to the boiler room when it didn't move after the shot! I had to watch it a second time!

nate

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PA, I created an album (just a couple of picts) but I'm not sure how to share them. Any ideas?

OCD, second hog usually costs $1.50 per pound. This one was a freebie because it had been wounded by a previous hunter. The archer had shot and killed a hog and the one I got had been standing behind and the arrow broke it's front left leg. When it healed, the hog walked with a goose-step type movement. Later inspection showed it also was blind in it's right eye. The owner, Matt Napper of Shiloh Ranch asked my group to try and kill it. I could have taken a much bigger one but I couldn't pass up a free hog!

LowTruck, Yeah that little guy didn't know what was going on until the hog I shot crashed. About a minute later, most of the hogs came back and I could have taken another one but the camp policy is to actually lay hands on the first hog before going after a second one.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
nice job, sounds like a quality operation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts