Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw one of these at gander mountain tonight. how well do these work? seems like a good idea, and the price is right. they go between the limbs and have a mechanism in the center of the bow, to draw the cables up tight.

I'm looking on their website, but dont seem to find it, to post as a reference.

thanks in advance everyone!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe thats it. may have to drop santa a note.

all my bows are split limbs, looks like it would work well on them (guardians, commander, 82nd and a hoyt vextrix xl)

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
i believe thats it. may have to drop santa a note.

all my bows are split limbs, looks like it would work well on them (guardians, commander, 82nd and a hoyt vextrix xl)
make sure you get the split limb adapters for it, they are also making a new type of adapter that will work on x force and monster style limbs..those are suppose to come out in dec sometime.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
the bowmaster WON'T work on Center Pivots (like the commander, general, admiral, sentinel...)

The adapter only works for split limbs, that are not parallel.

I sent an email to the guys that make'em, ans they told me they were ABOUT to launch an accesory for them.

PS> the $20 DIY press that race59 designed is the best thing I've ever tried in my life. The inly BUT, is that's not portable.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
PS> the $20 DIY press that race59 designed is the best thing I've ever tried in my life. The only BUT, is that's not portable.
I guess that in the sense that you can't put it in your backpack and take out to the stalk, tree-stand...etc. with you, then you're right, but it is portable enough that you can put it in your truck/car and have nearby. And if you have limited room where you live, it is VERY easy to stick in a corner out of the way.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
wow

that is awesome. i would love to have one. you really should get a patent on that. easily would sell for $100.00 a piece. i am shocked that no big manufacturer has duplicated this somehow and mass-marketed it!:mg:

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
that is awesome. i would love to have one. you really should get a patent on that. easily would sell for $100.00 a piece. i am shocked that no big manufacturer has duplicated this somehow and mass-marketed it!:mg:
Go to the DIY forum here on AT and look up the 20.00 bow press thread.

Race59 first designed and made his out of steel, but soon after it made it's debut, people started to try and improve on his design. Soon after, someone took his design and made it out of wood and that's what I copied. I'm surprised that more people here haven't seen this design. I made mine in about 2 hours and only cost me 3 bucks, but I have a woodworking shop and tons of clamps at hand. If you had to buy everything, it would still only be around 20 bucks.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have the bowmaster press and it works pretty slick. Its not as convenient as a conventional press but it gets the job done! Mine has saved the day on more then one occasion with the fact it almost is always in my archery tackle box.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts