Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How zit everybody,
I'm helping my buddy set up his 2011 Pantera, which he basically shot for only a month after he bought it new in 2011 and hung up after he couldn't get to shoot straight image.jpg , and noticed that the flecthing on his arrows are making contact with cables. We can't get any of the three rest that I tried installing without the forks hitting the riser. He has both the TRG w/ SOS system and a new set of standard cable rod w/ slide set up. I tried both set ups and even used a center shot tool and it looks like the string is far to the riser side by 5/16". Checked for cam lean, none. But after running a straight edge along the riser, it looks like it flexes to the left by about a 1/4". He got this from a dealer here on Maui who no longer lives here and doesn't recall ever getting the receipt for the bow other than the deposit slip. What can I do to help my Buddy.

BTW, there is a slight separation, about 1/32 and a small bubble in the metal where the top half of the bow meets the sight window. Is this bow a modular design or cut from a single piece? Will load pics.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This could be the culprit. The only way to find out is have your friend draw the bow while you look closely at that separation to see if it widens.

Also, try and take off the TRG in place of good ol' rod with slide. see if that setup clears the fletchings. if not then I am out of ideas.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
image.jpg

Here is the view form behind with the arrow at rest. Look at the vanes making contact withe cable. I took off the TRG cable system and replaced it with the standard cable slide set up. Also took off the limb driven rest and put on a whisker biscuit to make thing more visible. I tried moving the out but it still doesn't clear the cable.

Any ideas why the cable be this close?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have more pics in my album titled Martin riser. Cam, back view, front view, straight edge, top view, etc...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried a that and the string pops off when drawing the bow. I looked at other Martins with the cable set up and most have the high side on the cable. I'm going to adjust the idler wheel lean to see if that helps.

Note: when I ran two arrows along the limb sides they are not parallel to each other. That was looking from the top limb down. The back off the limb, where the idler wheel is located, points toward the left side( quiver side), the bow is a left hand model.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I figured it out. Doc was right. There was really bad idler lean but correcting that wasn't enough. The cable rod supplied by Martin was straight and the string stop rod bent. So you can guess what I did. I swap the two rods. The straight rod lined up perfect with the string and by putting the bent rod in the cable slide slot gave me plenty of clearance. I made a few tweaks on the yokes and my friend was shooting 2" groups at 20 yards.

I guess the rod they sent to replace the crappy TRG cable slide system was a universal one. They should have sent the bent type that were supplied on a few of their bows a couple years back.

I hope anyone looking to replace the TRG system will find this helpful and thanks to guys that were helping figure this out.

Aloha and Mahalo, Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts