Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, first I just wanted to say this is a great sight and I have read lots a threads and found lots of helpful tips on here and a bunch of great people as well.

So here is my question. I can get my hands on a 12 or 14ft concession trailer to turn it to a blind. I will have to do some work to it but that's fine with me, I like to do things like that. I just don't know if this thing is to big and would be worth it in the end. What are the thoughts of the people on this. Pros and cons, why it would be a good idea or bad idea. Ask me any questions to fill in the blanks so I can help you help me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I would say if you brush it in or leave in place well before season, it would be a great blind.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
yeah, if you have a place to leave it so that the critters can get used to it it sounds like a very very nice blind to sit in! a couple of my buddys killed antelope out of blinds made from event style shade pop up awnings, with red blankets hanging down from all four sides, and these things were huge, they will get used to anything if it is there long enough

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would go in after the soybean harvest and come out before they seed. you think that would be long enough each year?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
try it, put up a cam and see what the deer are doing, i know here we only are allowed 10 days before season and the speed goats seem to get used to things by then

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I think I have a project now. any suggestions on what I should do to it other then gut it and paint it. how about a propane heater? will the deer hear it? TV and microwave? lol

·
Registered
839 Posts
there is a place here in TX, and they have a school bus on the ranch. They useit as a blind. I say put some egg carton on the bottom to keep quiet footsteps, paint the inside black, and dont worry about the outside, they'll get used to it.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
get some old carpet and put it on the floor. propane heaters are fine and you only need them on for a little bit if you insulate it in some way

·
Registered
167 Posts
cool idea

Sell corn and beans and alfalfa to the wildlife... j/k

Here in Illinois we would jack that thing up in a tree. I have seen awesome deer taken out of dead combines and such. Why wouldnt this work.. Just get it tight to keep out the rodents.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts