Archery Talk Forum banner

Possible new arrows

440 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Rcprunty1990
I had recently seen an add online about an arrow company called black eagle arrows. I had always been a huge fan of the gold tip xt Hunters and based on what I had seen these black eagles look very promising. Has anyone ever had any experience with with them or know anything about them?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,501 Posts
I shoot the carnivores because I'm the heavier spine they're a lighter gpi and I can get heavier arrows and higher FOC. That being said they seem very durable to me. Just as durable as anything I've ever shot. I like em a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
11,527 Posts
I shoot the carnivores as well. they seem to be pretty good as far durability goes, and they shoot great.I have shot 2 deer so far and on the second deer.after the arrow passed through it hit a tree and broke.other than that and 2 robin hoods they have been fine.I lucked into a dozen uncut on her for 65$ I would have no issue paying double that for another dozen

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,005 Posts
They are gaining in popularity which is why your starting to hear about them more and more, you will hear complaints about them being weak and breaking easy but those guys are forgetting they make light gpi shafts so of course they wont take as much as a gold tip, in saying that they are still tough shafts and well priced, currently shooting carnivores and a set of challengers are also on the cards

· Registered
2,501 Posts
Do they hold up really well when doing like of target practice and hunting. Have they ever split on you

I was shooting with a buddy last spring and at 40 yards hit one of his arrows. I was shooting a 480ish grain arrow at almost 300fps. Wrecked his arrow and mine was still fine. Only one I ever broke was on a badger that stuck in the ground and then was rolled over on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YouTube or on the grittybowmen website, great guys they do a lot of backcountry stuff but you get a wide range of interviews and bow hunting banter...if you want just audio try podbean

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
I'll look them up and take a look at a few and see how I like it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.