Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What in the world is up with a few of those who have huge post counts think they are the cream of the crop. I saw a guy on here with a comment like "come back when you have over 1,000 posts!". Are you serious. This is a great forum and i have been lurking without joining for years now and i guess since i just have recently had the time to join, I actually go to work for a living and make all of the ASA and IBO events in the summer, not sit on here. Since i just joined i'm a newbie to archery in general? Or have no good info or knowledge? I know there are plenty of you whom have been here for a while and do know alot, but this is for those who think a post count means a bigger wee-wee, get real. Thats like saying a senior in high school is fully mature. Try going out back and shooting for 5 hours a night or helping with a NASP group, instead of typing here.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Solocam8 said:
What in the world is up with a few of those who have huge post counts think they are the cream of the crop. I saw a guy on here with a comment like "come back when you have over 1,000 posts!". Are you serious. This is a great forum and i have been lurking without joining for years now and i guess since i just have recently had the time to join, I actually go to work for a living and make all of the ASA and IBO events in the summer, not sit on here. Since i just joined i'm a newbie to archery in general? Or have no good info or knowledge? I know there are plenty of you whom have been here for a while and do know alot, but this is for those who think a post count means a bigger wee-wee, get real. Thats like saying a senior in high school is fully mature. Try going out back and shooting for 5 hours a night or helping with a NASP group, instead of typing here.

I practice two - four hours a day, keep a real job, give private lessons at my home and have almost 2000 posts in the couple of years that I have been on here. So what is your point??????????????????????? :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I think his point is that just because he doesn't have huge numbers of posts doesn't mean he's a ***EDITED: Text ma$k!ng. Byron (moderator)***. Sounds like he may be a little tweaked right now too!!!

·
74,535 Posts
Who really cares

Solocam8 said:
I actually dont ever look at person post count and basicly wish it wasnt even here. But for you to say person with high post count dont practice, is pretty dumb statement. Not a day goes by I dont shoot my bow or think about it.
Do you will think your going to agree with everyone with this many on a forum, just read and dont click on what you dont like.
DB

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
27,122 with that many post counts I have to beleve you if post counts mean your right. im trying to get to 200. and you are right it dont matter.

·
74,535 Posts
JUst means one thing

maybee-r said:
27,122 with that many post counts I have to beleve you if post counts mean your right. im trying to get to 200. and you are right it dont matter.

Im addicted to archery and archerytalk. It what I live for.:confused:

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
Dan,

I'm as addicted as you but I visit 7 gun forums, 7 archery forums, 2 billiard forums, 2 boxing forums, 2 dog forums, 3 optic forums, 2 fishing forums plus several misc forums per day.
That's why my post count is so low here at AT. ;)

Sag.

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Db

Again I'm not saying this about someone who was a moderator and is a huge asset to AT, this is not a generalized statement. Just a select few whos' mentality of "You can have an opinion when your post count is a 1,000." Thats it folks. I mean no harm just making an observasion of a few. You know the whole saying of that 10% of the population that ruins it for the rest. Thats what i'm NOT getting at. I realize that those few are amongst themselves. By the way once again those who do have huge numbers of posts i'm not doubting your abilities either, i've logged many many hours on here under a buddies screenname too. Slow down the ego, i'm just calling out the 10%.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
Solocam8 said:
Again I'm not saying this about someone who was a moderator and is a huge asset to AT, this is not a generalized statement. Just a select few whos' mentality of "You can have an opinion when your post count is a 1,000." Thats it folks. I mean no harm just making an observasion of a few. You know the whole saying of that 10% of the population that ruins it for the rest. Thats what i'm NOT getting at. I realize that those few are amongst themselves. By the way once again those who do have huge numbers of posts i'm not doubting your abilities either, i've logged many many hours on here under a buddies screenname too. Slow down the ego, i'm just calling out the 10%.

my best advice is use the Ignore List feature...works wonders...

but I do laugh at the anal wads that think if you only have 12 posts you must have just started shooting bow and don't know much of anything... :wink:

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks Jose

You can see through the smoke and i appreciate your comments. Basically my point was that just because someone has a butt load of posts, does not make them Jeff hopkins of the General section or the Jesse Morehead of the hunting section.

·
74,535 Posts
Archery1 Corey

Was a greenhorn as they came when he started. Kids a future champion for sure now. You never know who will be one of the best.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Whether a post is a literary masterpiece or just a few words it still counts as one post.

Too bad their ain't a thing that can discern as it pertains to total posts between say simple posts and what could be construed as quality posts. ( i.e 10 or more people voting a post as being quality )

·
Relocated Cajun
10,974 Posts
Tim4Trout said:
Whether a post is a literary masterpiece or just a few words it still counts as one post.

Too bad their ain't a thing that can discern as it pertains to total posts between say simple posts and what could be construed as quality posts. ( i.e 10 or more people voting a post as being quality )
mark me down for 8 posts :wink:

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
I am reading this that ONE guy made a comment about "come back after 1000 posts" and it really set you off.

I've been here about 4 years and have never got the impression that knowledge status was associated with post count.

If you can link me to a few examples of this I will contact the offenders. Such a comment would be considered harassment and actions would be taken.

Thanks

OX
AT ADMIN

·
<<<Aim Small Miss Small
4,992 Posts
Solocam8 said:
I agree, I've seen the same thing posted a couple of times too, although I just try to ignore those folks. I figure if someone can't keep a relatively open mind and comes up with something as juvenile as that, they don't deserve my time.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
solocam 8 take a big deep breath

and welcome to ARCHERYTALK.

madarcher

·
Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Madarcher

Wait for it....................................ahhhh deep breath taken, now watch me hi-jack your avatar. Yum Yums.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts