Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of ordering a Woodsman. I am sure that it is excellent at stabilizing the bow. Does it dampen vibration or sound at all? (Not a huge concern, just curious). Also, what length would be recommended for a Z28 hunting bow?

· Registered
5,465 Posts
It does have a carbon insert so I would think it does help with vibration. On the size that is a personal preference, I got a 10" for my Firecat and it's perfect.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
I switched from a Vibracheck Isolator to a Woodsman I and I did notice my Fire was more dead in my hand at the shot. It did seem to be a little more quiet on the shot but I had also just out some new silencing material on my shelve.

I will say one will be on my GTO and my Cuda when it arrives. The quality is better then any other stab I have used and Jim and his wife is a top notch people to deal with.

· Registered
118 Posts
I just got my Woodsman I today and I am coming from the Sims S-coil. I got the 10" model, and wow. I wished I had spent that money before, much more stable through the shot, and every bit as quiet as the sims. Maybe more, it is hard to tell when it is already very quiet. The fit and finish is terrific, that was the best $50 I have spent on archery in a long time.

By the way, I got the black with the neon green insert and it looks awesome!!

· Registered
450 Posts
I really like my 10" posten. The carbon inserts are very nice as well!

· Registered
451 Posts
I have the 8 inch woodsman 1 and also have one of his "sling adapters" so if I take it off my sling stays on. I have also added 2 of the stainless weights, both are black, to the weights that come with the woodsman 1. With this setup I am right around 9 inches or more in length from the threaded insert in the riser. I have not had any problems this year with it being that long while out elk hunting and this was my first experience hunting with a stabalizer that long. As for how well it helps with vibration I dont really think it made a difference on my 82nd, which I believe to be pretty dead in the hand to begin with. As for helping to keep the pins stable...yep it helped with that for sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.