Archery Talk Forum banner

powder coating riser

634 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  AK&HIboy
im going to get my xforce riser powder coated textured black.is their anything i need to do as far as preping it.do i need to cover any holes ect or do they do this?whats the best way to get the pse stivker and grip off?would a hair dryer work then carefully peel them off and would i need to use some type of adhesive to put them back on?thanks never done this before as you can tell thank you.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
552 Posts
You are going to want to put fasteners into every threaded hole there is on your X-Force. Preferrably not the ones you will use later to attach your equipment because they will more than likely get some powder coat on them. Try to get a bit longer ones so that there is plenty of room under the head of the screw/bolt for maneuvering and a good finish around the holes.

You can cover the PSE stickers or try to order some from PSE's website, I believe once you tear them off they are not going to be the same to try and put back on. Same with the Grip I believe, you might be better off just tearing it off and replacing with new. The adhesives on those types of things are usually only a one time use with many problems if removed and reattached.

· Registered
2,070 Posts
Any decent powder shop will take care of protecting tapped holes. You should take off any removable items like grips, etc. They will do a light sand blast before powder application and should be able to blast off any stickers, etc. As mentioned, you will need to reorder any stickers you want on your bow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.