Archery Talk Forum banner

Practice Distance to Start

561 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  hammerdown
I was just curious as to what distances you guys start shooting. I like to start my session off at 50 yds and work my way up to 20. Usually by the time I get to 20 yds my groups are really small. If I start close then move back I just see my groups spread out.

I have been really trying to concentrate on my back and shoulders when I'm shooting, and the longer distances really shows how much that it helps.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I like to start my session off at 50 yds and work my way up to 20. Usually by the time I get to 20 yds my groups are really small. If I start close then move back I just see my groups spread out.
Thats just archery, everyone I know shoots tighter groups at 20 yards than what they do at 50

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that you obviously will have a tighter group at 20 yds. What I want to know is, do you start your session at close range or at a longer range? If you start out close then move back, by the time I get back I tend to tire out some leading to wider groups.

So really what I guess I'm asking is...
Is it more beneficial to your shooting to start out close or start out at longer distances?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.