Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I was very unsure of these little heads but man, they fly like darts. I had to fine tune my arrowrest but that always happens with me for some reason. Out to forty yards they group with my FP's. Anyone had first hand expierence with penetration and blood trails? :beer:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Slick tricks are great heads..

I shot 2 deer within about 20 mins apart with the same head.. 1st was a doe square in the shoulder and exited opposite armpit. 2nd was a buck when i was trailing her. Used the same arrow and shot him straight through the ribs from the ground real close. They leave a trail a blind man could follow... :thumbs_up

·
Registered
787 Posts
I just got my slick trick 100's. After shooting them from 20 to 50 yds there is no difference between them and my fieldpoints. About the only noticable thing is that they make a buzz flying through the air. Not exactly silent. I have a muley that is waiting to take one on Saturday's opener up here in Washington. Have no doubt it will do the job. :shade:

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
Only difference between Slick Tricks and my field points out to 40 yards is the Slick Tricks cut my Blazers off of my arrows, but I guess that's a good thing with groups that tight using a broadhead ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was shooting mine out to 70 yards last night. Perfect arrow flight. I just love to watch arrows fly at long distance. One bad thing though, they will eat a hole in any target!!! Leave Friday for Montana with my ACC 3-60 and Slick Trick 125's. Hopefully a nice bull elk will follow!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
"I shot 2 deer within about 20 mins apart with the same head.. 1st was a doe square in the shoulder and exited opposite armpit. 2nd was a buck when i was trailing her. Used the same arrow and shot him straight through the ribs from the ground real close."

how in tarnations did you find the doe, retrieve the arrow, & shoot the buck with the same arrow?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Zen Archery said:
"I shot 2 deer within about 20 mins apart with the same head.. 1st was a doe square in the shoulder and exited opposite armpit. 2nd was a buck when i was trailing her. Used the same arrow and shot him straight through the ribs from the ground real close."

how in tarnations did you find the doe, retrieve the arrow, & shoot the buck with the same arrow?
With SlickTricks, you get pass-throughs..... ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just like i said. It exited the opposite armpit.. I retrieved my arrow caked with blood,mud put it my quiver follow the trail towards the doe. Started to go up hill a little and the buck came i pulled an arrow quickly relizing which one it was but it was too late to change. I drew with him coming down towards me then he stopped behind a berry bush. He took 1 more step with his right leg and i let him have it.. Took a few steps from where he was standing and the doe was on the other side of a downed tree.. He crossed her blood trail.. There was about 10 steps between me and the doe and the buck came down in between us.. :D

Oh and i still have that bh and use it.. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
36,024 Posts
They also stay very sharp

I have shot the same 100Gr 4 blade slick trick at least 200 times in the last 4 months, and it is still very sharp. I use a block target, which is almost done. They are an incredible head.

·
registered
1,028 Posts
My shooting partner took a caribou with one of the 100 grain heads a couple of days ago. It moved as he shot and it was hit through both back hams. The arrow was in the tundra and still looks brand new. He was stunned when he saw the hole; he measured both the entrance and exit holes and the diameter was 2 inches all of the way through both hams. He has taken other caribou with a bow and has never seen such devastation before. It went 60 yards and was dead. I had previously gotten him hooked on the heads and he has grouped right with his field points to 50 yards with no tuning other than for field points, so he was really sold on their accuracy. Now he is sold on their performance on an animal as well! This was a bad hit and it still went only that distance.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have another question. What is the best way to sharpen the slick tricks up? I usually buy new heads before season but these are still good to go. Since they are so well built .. I was thinking the best way is to use a 4400 rpm grinder? :wink:

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
hilltophunter said:
I have another question. What is the best way to sharpen the slick tricks up? I usually buy new heads before season but these are still good to go. Since they are so well built .. I was thinking the best way is to use a 4400 rpm grinder? :wink:
I use a Lansky sharpener, it does require the removal of the blades but the results are worth it.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
PABowhunt4life said:
Only difference between Slick Tricks and my field points out to 40 yards is the Slick Tricks cut my Blazers off of my arrows, but I guess that's a good thing with groups that tight using a broadhead ;)
Took a vane and peeled some carbon off it at the same time. Frustrating to lose an arrow, but glad they are grouping.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts