Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about picking up some of these BH's for turkey season and how do those of you that use them practice with them? Like how did you check if they fly true or not?

And also will these fly ok with 2" Blazer vanes?

Thanks.. Joe

·
Registered
53 Posts
They fly really well but i use helical fletched arrows with feathers. i tried em with blazers and they did not fly good at all

·
Registered
362 Posts
I use a couch cushion and it works like a charm! I also use FOB's on the back and they work really well also.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I shoot into an old layered target to tune. But the target will not hold up long.

Blazer will most likely not give you enough stabilization. The do OK for standard heads, but heads like the Bullhead or GG need more than blazers are going to give you. I like 5" feathers for mine.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I'm thinking about picking up some of these BH's for turkey season and how do those of you that use them practice with them? Like how did you check if they fly true or not?

And also will these fly ok with 2" Blazer vanes?

Thanks.. Joe
I'm using 4 4" feathers and they shoot great. Most people that have tried blazers say they don't work very good with Bullheads. Also make sure your arrow is stiff enough.

For practice use an old pillow by far the cheapest way to practice. Its best to tune with a similiar weight broadhead then shoot the Bullhead to confirm the same point of impact. Good Luck If you have any trouble email the tech department at Magnus they will gladly help you out.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I painted a turkey head on an old bed comforter, doubled it up and threw it over a clothes line.

·
Registered
Mathews Chill X
5,710 Posts
re

I have the bullheads, and they seem like they are a great product. I had a way underspined arrow with blazers, so it did not fly well at all. I ordered some heavier arrows with 5 inch flechings, and hopefully this will do the trick.

Be sure to buy a longer arrow than normal, so ya dont take a finger off. I bought 32 inchers....

Good luck, and God bless, Isaac

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
guys what we recommend is to use as large a fletching as possible and make sure your spine is correct. you can achieve excellent flight without the inconvience. One way is to give doug besherse at bowhuntingstuff.com or 931-993-1709 and doug will make you up a arrow which works for your set up, and you dont have to buy a doz arrows. doug will sell you one to try if you want and make sure of flight than buy 2 or 3. he has been in the archery business for 20 years plus. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts