Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My father has had esophageal cancer for 2+ years now. He has been off chemo for 8 weeks this past saturday and was doing quite well, his blood cancer marker was at 16 (a healthy person's is between 5 & 7).

During the last week he began having trouble swallowing and consequently eating. So after a trip to the oncologist they determined that a stint was needed to open up the esophagus so that he can eat and swallow without any issues. The stint was put in on Friday. friday night he began throwing up large amounts of blood. My mom called me and told me to meet at he hospital ASAP.

After a CT scan and another blood cancer marker check they found his marker count to have only increased about 2.5 (to 18 or 19 total). However, in less than 2 months the esophageal tumor has grown to larger than an average apple and the cancer has spread to his liver and lungs.

My father has reached his lifetime maximum of radiation allowed so radiation is not an option. He will not undergo chemotherapy because of the side affects it has and the discomfort level. Our only traditional medical option left is to insert a feeding tube so that he can receive nutrition.

I hope and pray for him to hang on for a few months so that he may be able to see my sister's son turn 1 year old and to see his youngest son (me) get married on October 24 of this year. Thank you for all of your support and prayers in advance. I never imagined I would be doing this, here, and this soon. We are almost out of options. However, I will never underestimate the power of prayer and God's grace

In Him I Believe...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I understand how you are feeling. I lost my wife of 35yrs. to cancer in 06'. If you can you might want to move your wedding date ahead. Prayers for you and your family. Mel

·
I Got Serious!
3,362 Posts
Sorry to hear this. Prayers sent from MO.

·
Registered
454 Posts
prayers from tennessee

you and your family will be in my prayers, may god place his hands on your father.

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,363 Posts
Prayers being sent. God will watch over him and our prayers will help the healing process.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Prayers sent for you and your family. Spend as much time as you can with your Dad and, as previously mentioned, move your wedding date up.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
Prayers sent from South Dakota.

Automan

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
!!!

Ive lived this first hand...My prayers to you and yours!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
you, your dad and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts