Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
World Championships, New York;

Miss Melanie “Mel” Clarke of the UK team collapsed during the practice round and was admitted to the hospital in very serious condition. The report I got was she is currently drifts in and out of a coma and is on a ventilator.
She was in very good spirits when she called Friday and was looking foreword to extending her streak of records but expressed her concerns about the heat and humidity.
One of Mel’s lifetime goals was to make the UK team and compete in the World Championships in New York and she worked extremely hard to get there.
For those who know her can confirm she’s one of the kindest and most gentle young lady’s you could ever meet with a keen since of humor.
She is a great inspiration to all of us on the Magnock team how she endures her disability and heath problems to enjoy her favorite sport, archery.

May God grant her a quick recovery!

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
i said my prayers. :(
i hope she does ok

·
EPLC Stabilization 4-Sale
9,539 Posts
So very sorry to hear that news. I don't know Mel but have followed the various posts on her many achievements. She's a real champ and my thoughts and prayers are with her.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
:( After such a hard road, for this to happen...

Very definitely in my thoughts.

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
Prayers sent for Mel.

Sag.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Prayer's sent for a full and speedy recovery...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Prayer for Melanie Clarke

I've been in my "prayer-closet",...for Ms. Clarke's recovery.

Thanks for the opportunity that you have extended in being a part of her welfare.

bowtinkerer

·
Registered
788 Posts
real sorry to hear the bad news,will be praying for a quick recovery.mel has made an impression on me with her dedication to the sport.it has been hot over here and humid with it,i know i've been keeping in the shade as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I love this girl with all of my heart....She is one of the nicest people I have ever met.... She will be in my prayers and we will hope that she has a 100% recovery......Pro1 and Pro 1 1/2.....God Bless You Mel....

·
Registered
13,177 Posts
I've never met Mel officially, but my prayers are with her for a full and speedy recovery.

The disappointment she feels is obvious, but recovery is more important, so we will say a few extra prayers on her behalf.

field14

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
My wife called me from New York and mentioned this. She was rather disappointed for Mel and was looking forward to seeing some big scores from her. She has asked about her and the team manager said she is improving which is a relief. It's a shame she won't be competing and here hopes she will recover and make it to the next one.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have just heard about Mels condition and came straight here.

I am shocked and worried for her. When we all get together at the shoots we usually have a great time.
I will be praying hard for her to make a speedy recovery.

·
74,535 Posts
Hope and prayers

I hope this champion pulls threw this.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Prayers from Virgnia USA

Prayers goignupwards

Please keep us posted Ok Upadates needed

Tink in Virginia USA

1 - 20 of 31 Posts