Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That pretty much said it. One of my buddy's shot himself last night. I never saw it coming, just pray for them. I don't want to say any names, just pray for my friends' family.:cry::cry: he always seemed so happy

· Classifieds Administrator
39,734 Posts
So sorry to read this. Prayers and condolences go out to you and his family.

· Registered
4,122 Posts
Prayers

Prayers sent from Utah. :cry: I know times can get rough, but it is never bad enough to go out that way. There are always other ways out.

· Meat-N-Taters Kinda Guy
Chill-R for hunting, Barnsdale My Addiction ST for punching holes
15,529 Posts
done

Prayers sent from Michigan.

· Registered
2,418 Posts
Sorry to ask this, but was he laid off? I'm always concerned during slow economic times of things like this increasing. I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Not terribly long ago, one of my best friends daugher killed herself with a hunting knive that I had just refurbished for her. Yes, it was a suicide. Everyone was devastated. :cry:

· Registered
6,628 Posts
Was your friend by chance a cop?? Regardless, I am truly sorry man and my deepest condolences go out to you and all of his family, friends and loved ones. :cry:

· Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no, he wasnt

laid off, or a cop. he was a senior in high school with a bright looking future. I dont understand it

· Registered
1,254 Posts
These are old statistics, but it used to be every two minutes someone attempts suicide, every seven minutes someone succeeds.

There's no magical words that you can say to someone, to make them think any different. But there is hope in your helping hand, the only thing you can do sometimes, is show them how much life is worth than having.

But then again like he said " I never saw it coming" in most cases we go through the "what if " but there's no more what if 's for them.

Sorry to hear about the lost your friend, those are the friend you remember the most, I lost two of them that were back home when I was in Vietnam.

Carl

· Old enough to know better
940 Posts
Prayers needed

Prayers sent here from Ok, sorry to hear this, any type of loss is just hard to comprehend, I have to attend a funeral tomorrow myself for a young woman taken entirely to early.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.