Archery Talk Forum banner

Prayers needed, my wife was robbed at knife point this morning!

3761 Views 77 Replies 60 Participants Last post by  Usingmyrights
I am so angry I can't see straight right now, but this morning my wife was robbed by a woman half her size who held a knife on her.

We live on the edge of town (Amarillo) and while my wife was on her way to Wal Mart she came up to a stop sign that had a black s-10 pickup stopped with hazard lights on, my wife started to roll the window down as the woman walked back to the car. Before she could get the window rolled down the woman jerked the door open and held a knife on my wife, demanding that she give up her purse, her wedding ring, and the keys to the car she was driving!:mad: In her purse she had over $500 cash that belonged to our highschool kids(at the childrens home) that she was going to drop off at the office to put in the safe. Normally she wouldn't have more than $20-30 and there is no way anyone could have known this.
The woman took off leaving my wife unharmed(THANK GOD!).

My wife ran to the nearest house and within minutes the sherriff deputies were on seen, and headed the direction the vehicle had fled.

The crime was commited less than 1/4 mile from the sherriff's office!:eek:

So far they have a few suspects but no solid leads.

After filing the police report and being questioned, the police informed my wife that because there were no witnesses....she would have to undergo a polygraph test. Talk about making the victim feel like crap!:mad:

So although this has nothing to do with bowhunting, I will ask for prayers on my wife's behalf and that the person who did this is punished severely in one way or another. I know God will take care of that, but it doesn't stop me from thinking of what I would do if I ever see that person!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

For all of you husbands and fathers out there, take this reminder to talk to them about locking their doors when driving a vehicle and to always be suspicious of someone approaching their vehicle. As Christians we are called to help those in need, but in this world with the violence that we are faced with......how can that be done safely????

This thief ended up with social security card, drivers license, keys to all work vehicles and personal vehicles, keys to the house and mailbox, and keys to all building on our campus. The consequences of this could be far reaching to say the least......

As many of you know, losing a wedding ring is a hard hit to take for most women but I am thankful my wife was not hurt.
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Hope they catch her and prosucute her to the full extent of the law!! Just shows ya' what being nice gets you now days...:mad:

Prayers sent bud....:)

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,684 Posts
I hope the little s-10 gets into a wreck with a tree leaving the thief in a state of ceptic shock!

· THwack--CRASH
11,208 Posts
I am so angry I can't see straight right now, but this morning my wife was robbed by a woman half her size who held a knife on her.

We live on the edge of town (Amarillo) and while my wife was on her way to Wal Mart she came up to a stop sign that had a black s-10 pickup stopped with hazard lights on, my wife started to roll the window down as the woman walked back to the car. Before she could get the window rolled down the woman jerked the door open and held a knife on my wife, demanding that she give up her purse, her wedding ring, and the keys to the car she was driving!:mad: In her purse she had over $500 cash that belonged to our highschool kids(at the childrens home) that she was going to drop off at the office to put in the safe. Normally she wouldn't have more than $20-30 and there is no way anyone could have known this.
The woman took off leaving my wife unharmed(THANK GOD!).

My wife ran to the nearest house and within minutes the sherriff deputies were on seen, and headed the direction the vehicle had fled.

The crime was commited less than 1/4 mile from the sherriff's office!:eek:

So far they have a few suspects but no solid leads.

After filing the police report and being questioned, the police informed my wife that because there were no witnesses....she would have to undergo a polygraph test. Talk about making the victim feel like crap!:mad:

So although this has nothing to do with bowhunting, I will ask for prayers on my wife's behalf and that the person who did this is punished severely in one way or another. I know God will take care of that, but it doesn't stop me from thinking of what I would do if I ever see that person!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

For all of you husbands and fathers out there, take this reminder to talk to them about locking their doors when driving a vehicle and to always be suspicious of someone approaching their vehicle. As Christians we are called to help those in need, but in this world with the violence that we are faced with......how can that be done safely????

This thief ended up with social security card, drivers license, keys to all work vehicles and personal vehicles, keys to the house and mailbox, and keys to all building on our campus. The consequences of this could be far reaching to say the least......

As many of you know, losing a wedding ring is a hard hit to take for most women but I am thankful my wife was not hurt.
i'm sorry this happened to your wife but,GOD doesn't work on the revenge part!
you might ask him to help you forgive them and be able to help them out of whatever it is that their into that caused them to do such a bad thing.
it's hard thing to do, love a person that does such terrible things but,that's what GOD would want you to do.

· Registered
693 Posts
I don't know about your feelings on the matter or the laws in your state (I know that TX is supposed to be pretty good thoug), but you may want think think about carrying something for protection. Mace and tasers don't always cut it either. I'm glad she's OK, and hopefully everything will work out with what was lost.

· Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
First off, as long as she's fine I'm thankful. The other stuff is just stuff and has no soul.

Secondly, I know that for a while you'll think less of people, and strangers in particular. I hope that you get your sense of security back quickly, and will again be helping those that need it. A little caution is more than understandable.

· Registered
1,121 Posts
prayers

3d Will definitely keep you both close. Hopefully, all will turn out. I would definitely have her talk with victim services to get some emotional help. Will remind mine to be wary. Lock doors and only open window a crack.
Roy
Dalhart, TX

· JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,684 Posts
Easy to say that but what if this probabl meth head stabs the next person? Nope that dog bit unprovked that dog needs put down! IMO God sorts them :darkbeer:

· Registered
5,442 Posts
Tough thing to swallow.. I don't know what I would do.. I know me and a posse would be looking for the truck. Not saying I would do anything about it, but I would find it. Prayers to you and your family..

· Registered
7,438 Posts
She is ok, that's what's important and certainly something to be thankfull for.

· Yippiee ki-yay
3,626 Posts
Glad to hear your wife was not seriously physically hurt. The mental and emotional part is another story. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery. As for those that did it , they WILL get what they deserve.

· Registered
9,795 Posts
First off, as long as she's fine I'm thankful. The other stuff is just stuff and has no soul.

Secondly, I know that for a while you'll think less of people, and strangers in particular. I hope that you get your sense of security back quickly, and will again be helping those that need it. A little caution is more than understandable.
+1

I'm glad she's OK Jason. That's the important thing.

-ZA

· Registered
1,391 Posts
As long as she is ok everything else is material, I hate that it happened to her but just be thankful she is fine.

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts
Yep, just to survive with no physical harm is the most important thing. I'm afraid that if this ever happens to me, one of us wouldn't be walking away from it. And if I was the one walking away, I'd still be in trouble with the law.

Prayers sent.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.