Votes: 72 58.1%
  • ASAT Camo

Votes: 52 41.9%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is the better camo pattern and why?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
i love ASAT ,,,,it just flat out works for you....You choose a perfect bow ,arrows,broadhead,,,etc,,,now choose a camo that works for you,,:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ASAT don't work I can see you in the pic! LOL! I think both are very effective but for me I will run ASAT in warm weather but when it turns bitter cold I will toss on the Predator!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
ASAT IMO... for one reason only. ALL SEASON ALL TERRAIN. You only need one pattern. While the predator is an awesome camo, there are multiple patterns (which work in their respective environments) but why wouldn't you want a pattern that works everywhere you go?

·
Registered
11,797 Posts
I have both and use them equally throughout the season.

ASAT 3d cant be touched by any other camo when it comes to hunting the ground, especially in a corn field.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
Many years ago I choose ASAT over the other for one reason...here in MO turkeys easily picked us off wearing Pred Grey while they did not wearing ASAT. If ASAT was not in biz, Pred would be my next choice.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tied 20-20 lol.

Ok does anyone know a site online that I can purchase asat camo, other than asat's website, because I could compare prices....I need some lightweight clothing for bowhunting this year.....

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
tied 20-20 lol.

Ok does anyone know a site online that I can purchase asat camo, other than asat's website, because I could compare prices....I need some lightweight clothing for bowhunting this year.....
Day One Camo has a good selection, you should give them a look.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
tied 20-20 lol.

PM Hunter4Ever. He's a dealer & made me a good offer on a 3-D leafy last year.

There are usually some listed on Ebay, but you have to be careful b/c some might be from the bad UV batch from a couple years ago. I think apx $125 is the cheapest I've seen a leafy go for.

Someone else got burned buying ASAT off a sketchy website the other day, so I'd be leery of any sites that don't have a brick & mortar store or at least a phone # you can call.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I like them both I just wish ASAT would get it together and get some synthetic material stuff. I like the first lite wool but I need some pants for elk hunting. I still wish Stika used the pattern.
The elite line was just to warm for Aug and Sept hunting.
Havok

·
Lift, Run, Shoot
12,868 Posts
Both are good - voted for Predator mainly based on clothing options but could have gone either way. Neither have a lot of high quality clothing (design & material) options unfortunately.

On the ground I'd go with ASAT. My ASAT 3D suit is awesome for stalking - works great stalking muleys. If there's snow on the ground, however, I'd probably rather have my Predator on.

In the air I'd go with Predator, hands down. Technically ASAT is NOT truly "all situation". It is not terribly effective in the trees after leaf drop. Been picked off numerous times but almost never using Predator. The only camo I've ever seen come even close to Predator Fall Grey in a treestand during November and later would maybe be the new Verigo camo by Scentlok which looks really good for that purpose as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
tied 20-20 lol.

Send boarman1 a PM he sells ASAT just placed order today for 3d suit.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I might have to go with the ASAT, because someone on AT offered me a deal I can't pass up!

·
Arrow-minded Conservative
3,268 Posts
Somewhat related story

Two months ago I wore my ASAT leafy suit to play paintball.

Before we started, a few of my friends thought for sure I would stand out because I was "wearing all that white", but as soon as we started, they were saying, "Where is Eric? OH CRAP!! HE'S RIGHT THERE!"

They were amazed that, even in the open and at close distances, if I didn't move, they couldn't see me.

On other paintball trips I've gotten a good laugh by saying something to guys as they walked by me then watching them jump and scream because they didn't realize I was 4 feet away.

Oh, yeah, and deer have grazed for 30 minutes 10 feet away from me when I've been sitting on a stool near a tree but not concealled.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts