Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided I was done hearing stories about my old steelheads not opening, rubber band problems, blades falling out, etc. I bought a pack of premier 100s because the price was good and it was a 6 pack so i could practice with 2 and hunt with 4. The problem is the premiers are hitting 6 inches low and 6 inches left at 20 yards compared to field tips grouping 2 inches at 20 yards. I shot steelheads last year until my hunting partner shot a doe with one and had a blade fall off and no blood trail. The shot was great and took out the lungs and nicked the heart and exited right under the opposite shoulder. The deer died in my sight but not a drop of blood. I walked on my hands in knees the whole way and was amazed i found just 2 clumps of hair. The rubber band didnt snap, it just slid barely off the broadhead. This was all enough for me to switch to cut on contact. I dont know much about tuning my bow, but my season is 6 days away. I shot great with the rockets but if I had to shoot another mechanical I would get Snypers. So my final question is this, Can I easily adjust my setup for the premiers,or am I better off buying some Snypers and living with my untuned bow?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts