Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be hunting private land this season, I hunt mostly on the ground but Im wanting to set up a few spots with treestands.
Trying to decide if I want to go with 1 lightweight stand and have several spots preset with sticks and climb up n hang stand or should I have a few cheaper stands set up so I can just climb up n hunt..using a lifeline of course.
Thanks for any help I

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Is this a cost issue or what's best for hunting? If the latter, Kfili has the answer.

A couple of years ago, just at the end of our late season I bought 6 ladder stands for 36 bucks each. Menards.

Bowmania

·
Fishing Guide
2,608 Posts
You will get more and better responses if you post questions in the right forum; since this isn't a traditional archery specific question, the Bowhunting forum is more appropriate. Just like when asking about snake boots.

·
Registered
717 Posts
You will get more and better responses if you post questions in the right forum; since this isn't a traditional archery specific question, the Bowhunting forum is more appropriate. Just like when asking about snake boots.
Words of wisdom by a fishing guide. I would go with the pre-set as primary and keep the portable at the ready. By the end of the season you will have a better idea where you want your pre-sets, maybe based on the story your trail cams tell. Enjoy your time in the woods and congratulations on th private land hunting privileges!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lots of questions not related to traditional archery on this forum. Since Ive shot recurves for 46 years I guess I tend to post on traditional archery forums by habit.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts