Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen some post about how people mod there press's with stuff to make them motorized. i thought i would share this. makes it a lot easier and cleaner. i've seen it as low as $42. even found one on craigslist, amazon and homedepot. it comes with a hand controller for forward and reverse, all you'll need is a 12v dc power supply. they're pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
i just purchased one of these on ebay, can anyone help me out if they have used one of these on a press, i have never seen one, so will have to look it over and figure out how to hook it into my press. any advice on this would be appreciated. thanks chet

·
Registered
905 Posts
ttt

Has anyone pulled one of these apart yet harbor freight has them and I want to buy one as I am building a press and want to hook it up to a harbor freight jack for a press

·
Registered
905 Posts
Must know

Not trying to high jack this thread no pun attended!I just think this is the best find for dyi this year.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Does it need a converter to change over to AC or could you just plumb it with a plug and go to work? I have done that with a couple other DC items and they seem to work just fine. Nice find. I've been looking in the wrong section in HF I guess.

·
Banned
2,526 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't mount this jack on some unistrut and use it instead if a trailer jack. Mount some fingers on it and press away.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anyone have a part number for Harbor freight?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I built a press using one of these and it works great. It is a little slow on the movement and it takes a few minutes to get it to your bow length but it presses so sweet. I bought a 12v adapter at radio shack that plugs into the wall and you plug in the jacks plug into that so it is really portable and you can use it with a vehicle lighter socket also. I will try to get pictures out in the next day or so. The jack comes apart real easy. to make it work witout the stop switches you have to connect the three wire together from the mini plug on the motor.
I am in the process of revising my press so the bow length adjustment is quicker. The jack only has a 12" travel so you are limited to the ATA that it will press and fully relax in order to take a bow completely apart.
If you have any questions send me a pm.
Again I will try to get picture on her real soon.
Dave

·
Registered
2,625 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
ttt

just orderd one, on its way!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont forget if your ordering from harbor freight, get yourself one of the 20% discount coupons.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Reese Hitch press?

That would be awesome to make a press that goes in a standard trailer hitch receiver. It is already 12 volts and would be great for traveling. I wish I could weld.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts