Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the process of building my press...got most of it welded up the other night..i used a trailer jack and the one thing i dont like about it is the handle...it has a crank style handle on it and i have to put it on the back side of the press...which would work fine...but is there a way of doing a wheel on the end of the jack? it looks jsut like a gear in the inside of the press that mates to the jack extention so thought there might be something out there i can get to make a wheel work...anyone got an idea or maybe some part numbers from some of the places you all get your stuff at? would really be a big help

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I am thinking with a little fine cutting a hand wheel could be installed were the gear is attached to the main shaft. Let us know how you make out. If I remember correctly the shaft was an odd ball diameter, I just used 3/8" rod and extended the crank through the end of the finger support arm. Good luck!!

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am thinking with a little fine cutting a hand wheel could be installed were the gear is attached to the main shaft. Let us know how you make out. If I remember correctly the shaft was an odd ball diameter, I just used 3/8" rod and extended the crank through the end of the finger support arm. Good luck!!
thats what my intentions were to extend it but i didnt get it done cause i couldnt get the handle out...just lookin for some other ideas if possible

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
cut the handle and leave enough to weld a piece of 1/2"rod on it and bring it out the arm of the press look up the bow presses on here,there are several made this way. one guy even removed the handle and put the rod in the opposite way to make it righty tighty lefty loosey. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
On mine the gear has a roll pin in it. Used a punch to knock it out and replaced the whole thing with a straight rod of the length I wanted with a hole drilled in it for the pin.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
rol pin

On mine the gear has a roll pin in it. Used a punch to knock it out and replaced the whole thing with a straight rod of the length I wanted with a hole drilled in it for the pin.
The one I had had the roll pin in it too, punch it out then you can remove the handle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts